Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2019, 06:28 PM   #1
HeadShed

InCommand Furnace Shows No Source

Can’t get a source to pop up and can’t get furnace to turn on. Can get fans on. Stove works so propane lines bled. Fridge works.

Should I factory reset the InCommand or will that screw up and floor model data installed on it?

2019 Cougar Halfton
Old 01-19-2019, 07:29 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

There has been an issue with the In Command system not operating to initiate the furnace sequence if the temperature at the thermostat is below 40F. If your trailer is colder than 40F inside, you may be one of the many affected by the "glitch in the system". In the meantime, if you use a small electric heater and warm the area around the thermostat, it should operate properly....

This may not be your "problem" but then again, maybe it is ...... Good Luck

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 01:02 PM   #3
HeadShed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
There has been an issue with the In Command system not operating to initiate the furnace sequence if the temperature at the thermostat is below 40F. If your trailer is colder than 40F inside, you may be one of the many affected by the "glitch in the system". In the meantime, if you use a small electric heater and warm the area around the thermostat, it should operate properly....

This may not be your "problem" but then again, maybe it is ...... Good Luck

Thanks! That’s good to know. I did hear it the other day and would have sworn it would work if I had actually been able to select source. But sadly the source button is blank
Old 03-17-2019, 05:40 PM   #4
yesiamapirate

Did you ever find a solution this? I tried out my iN·Command for the first time on my 27SAB. I see a source for cool but not heat?? The manual clearly says choose “heat” to run the furnace.
yesiamapirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:19 AM   #5
HeadShed

Still working it out!
Old 03-18-2019, 06:46 AM   #6
jsmith948

So...the purpose of this In Command system is "convenience"???

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 06:52 AM   #7
yesiamapirate

It’s the only thing that I already don’t like about my new rig. And if I weren’t so set in that particular rv, it would be my reason not to buy. Mind you, I am tech savvy. It is just not my choice to have that sort of technology.
yesiamapirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 06:56 AM   #8
ChuckS

InCommand Furnace Shows No Source

I’d try .. if you haven’t all ready a BCM reset. This won’t erase your current floor plan. If that doesn’t resolve issue then then “CAN” connections on one or both AC units are not communicating properly to BCM and cold temp could be issue.. in which case there is an updated control module for the AC units.

Try BCM reset first

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 02:31 PM   #9
HeadShed

Just to update.

As seen in other similar threads. After diagnosing with the inCommand company, we updated all firmware etc via usb. Still the issue and we determined that the "dash" symbol is indiciatve of the gateway issue, the control that needs to be updated on the units.

As ASA indicated, there are a few places that Keystone puts this gateway. Most usually under the control box or right next to the AC unit itself. ASA can not comment where for sure on a per model basis, as Keystone was very "varied" where they felt froggy on putting them.

ASA indicated that only Keystone can supply this device, but i have a hunch i can get Dometic to do this, as they have a MUCH superior customer support team. Keystone pretty much said they dont have managers to talk to, they dont care about any situation over another, they only deal exclusively with dealers. We are FT and unable to drop off with a dealer.

Working on a reliable POC to get ahold of these gateway devices (apparently one needed for AC and one needed for heat) to fix the less than 49 degree or greather than 100 degree issues. If you can get them, they are a plug in play replacement apparently.

Regarding a heat situation, by using a space heater to bring up the temp, the heater kicked on no problem. No in a situation where heat was in excess of 100 degrees, there are much fewer options to so called get it lowered. This should be a non issue for us unless we are parked in the desert and the outside temps are in excess and the roof fans cant get it cooled down.

Will post again whenever I locate a good POC to get the gateways

Tags
furnace