Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2018, 12:01 PM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Your slide "should have a center medallion on the top fascia. There "should be" two screws to remove the center medallion that will provide a "straight shot to the gearbox/motor". On some trailers, the entire top fascia needs to be removed, on some, only the "center medallion" comes off. Before you "reinvent the wheel" devising a method of reaching the gearbox/motor from the side of the slide, 6' away from that location, do some "sleuthing around the medallion" You may be pleasantly surprised..... Here's a photo of what I think the top center of your slide fascia looks like...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	26RBS SLIDE FASCIA.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	19253  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:05 PM   #22
MarkEHansen

How did you get a picture of our trailer?

Okay, I'll check that out. I can't extend the slide where the trailer is not, so I'm having a hard time seeing all the way in to the motor. I'll get a flashlight and some better glasses
MarkEHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:19 PM   #23
Topglock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkEHansen View Post
Also, those folks who said I can just reach in from the side must have a narrower slide. I just measured the distance from the right edge of my slide to the motor and it's over 6 feet.
I had the same concern on our Bullet 272. (Big slide with the motor smack dab in the middle) We bought it brand new in 2015 and often wondered what if... Pulling the molding off isn’t an option at all since it’s stapled. Here’s what I bought and these extensions live in trailer just in case.. With the supplied flex extension you can reach it with ease.

https://www.amazon.com/TEKTON-15625-8-Inch-Extension-3-Piece/dp/B0146PXEQG
Topglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 03:06 PM   #24
MarkEHansen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Your slide "should have a center medallion on the top fascia. There "should be" two screws to remove the center medallion that will provide a "straight shot to the gearbox/motor". On some trailers, the entire top fascia needs to be removed, on some, only the "center medallion" comes off. Before you "reinvent the wheel" devising a method of reaching the gearbox/motor from the side of the slide, 6' away from that location, do some "sleuthing around the medallion" You may be pleasantly surprised..... Here's a photo of what I think the top center of your slide fascia looks like...

John,

Here's a picture of our center medallion. I looked all over it and can't see any way to remove it. The screw cover you see below it appears to be the center of 5 screws which secure the entire fascia piece to the inside top of the slide.

I felt around behind the panel to see if there was a fastener holding it from the back and couldn't feel anything.

Do you think if I pull hard enough, this will pop off? I pulled pretty hard and it really felt like I was going to break something.

Thanks,
Old 11-11-2018, 03:13 PM   #25
MarkEHansen

Sorry, it won't let me add a picture. No matter how small I make it, it says the text is too long.

Okay, I hosted the picture somewhere else. Here it is:
Old 11-11-2018, 03:40 PM   #26
JRTJH
Site Team

DON'T PULL TOO HARD, you will break things !!!

It looks like your center medallion may (not sure) be screwed on from the back. Or, you may need to pull the wooden plugs from the 5 holes and remove the entire fascia to access the motor. Sometimes it seems it's more difficult to get to things than it is to actually use them....

There is a "designed in" access to the motor/gearbox, it's just a matter of determining how to access it.

ADDED: If the medallion is screwed on from the back, there will probably be two #2 Roberts screws, one on each side that secure the medallion to the fascia.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 11-11-2018, 04:13 PM   #27
MarkEHansen

Well, I didn't feel anything securing it from the back side.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:23 PM   #28
JRTJH
Site Team

Feel can be very VERY deceiving... Take a mirror and a flash light and actually "look" for those two screws... If you don't see them, then ask someone else to "look and confirm" that they aren't there. Then, pull the 5 wooden plugs, remove the screws and see if the entire fascia comes off the slide.....

But, before you pull those 5 plugs, visualize the back side of the medallion. You may find something there !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS

Tags
cougar, slide