Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2018, 08:21 PM   #1
Snoking

New Laredo 225MK and Goodride ST225/75R15D's

Today we bought a bumper pull to travel back and forth to Arizona and make side trips. It has Goodride ST225/75R15D tires and I am tempted to replace them with Goodyear Endurance tires on the way home from the dealer. The first trip will be 1600 in late Sept to Arizona. Someone posted on another forum that these are made by Westlake?

Wheel appear to be rated to 2830 (LRE)! They seem to match up the the Tredit Pinnacle Aluminum 6 lug Wheels.

Here is a picture of the 5 lug one in that model.

And here is a picture of the wheels on another 225MK.

Chris
Old 08-18-2018, 06:40 PM   #2
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoking View Post
Today we bought a bumper pull to travel back and forth to Arizona and make side trips. It has Goodride ST225/75R15D tires and I am tempted to replace them with Goodyear Endurance tires on the way home from the dealer. The first trip will be 1600 in late Sept to Arizona. Someone posted on another forum that these are made by Westlake?

Wheel appear to be rated to 2830 (LRE)! They seem to match up the the Tredit Pinnacle Aluminum 6 lug Wheels.

Here is a picture of the 5 lug one in that model.

And here is a picture of the wheels on another 225MK.

Chris
Sure looks like the RVIA 10% load capacity reserve above GAWR is working. According to your trailer's specs those tires should surely last 5 years.

The 2019 Keystone owner manual has that tire brand linked to a HiSpec reference. However, that link does not have wheels that look like yours and I suspect you're correct about the OEM wheels. There should be a manufacturer ID tag on the wheels somewhere.

Calvin
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 08:40 PM   #3
Snoking

We stopped by the RV dealer today to check on a few things on the 225MK that we are buying, and I found I was wrong about the wheels on the one we are buying. They are HiSpec wheels rated to 2830. Got a quote today on the GY Endurance LRE tires that we be installed in the next week or so. The Goodrides will go on CL for someones yard service trailer.

http://www.trailertiresandwheels.com...4-Silver-6-5.5

Chris
Old 08-28-2018, 05:10 PM   #4
Snoking

Got the new Endurance LRE tires today and got a CL call within hours of posting the old tires .

Interesting thing, I looked at the instant mileage on the flats going to the tire store and again returning. Mileage was about 4 MPG better returning. I had not looked at tire pressure on the old tires, however dealer said they were at 65 PSI. Trying to decide what pressure to run in the new LRE tire. Going to call GY tomorrow. Around 7k on tires that can carry 11,320 pound at full inflation seems like to much over kill. Chris
Old 08-28-2018, 07:08 PM   #5
CWtheMan

Quote:
Got the new Endurance LRE tires today and got a CL call within hours of posting the old tires .

Interesting thing, I looked at the instant mileage on the flats going to the tire store and again returning. Mileage was about 4 MPG better returning. I had not looked at tire pressure on the old tires, however dealer said they were at 65 PSI. Trying to decide what pressure to run in the new LRE tire. Going to call GY tomorrow. Around 7k on tires that can carry 11,320 pound at full inflation seems like to much over kill. Chris
Maybe you should inflate them to an inflation pressure 10% above the vehicle certified GAWRs. That would fall in-line with the new RVIA recommendation.

p.s. Don't forget to register the new tire serial numbers.
Old 08-28-2018, 07:24 PM   #6
Snoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWtheMan View Post
Maybe you should inflate them to an inflation pressure 10% above the vehicle certified GAWRs. That would fall in-line with the new RVIA recommendation.

That might be lower than I want to go. Given the the placard calls for 65 PSI for 2540 lbs LRD per tire, or 10160 on a trailer that has a 8K GVWR. Chris
Old 08-28-2018, 07:40 PM   #7
Snoking

BTW, these are the wheels that are on the trailer, rated to 2830 each.

The other thing that I noticed at the tire shop is the the Road Armor suspension includes wet bolts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180818_111456.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	314.9 KB
ID:	18299   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20180828_092922.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	296.3 KB
ID:	18300  
Old 08-30-2018, 04:35 AM   #8
Snoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWtheMan View Post

That would be around 61.25 PSI and below the placard number of 65 PSI. So I think I will just run them at 65 PSI. 65 PSI provides around 3K spare capacity on the axles, with the 7K or so tires are carrying.

And yesterday morning I talked to a CS rep at GY that needs to go back to tire school. He said that I do not want to put 80 lbs of air in them as they will heat up on the road and become over inflated!!! Go figure, maybe it was his first day on the job.

Yes, I did register them. Thanks for the tip. Chris
Old 08-30-2018, 06:26 AM   #9
KSH

Register them? I bought my set at America's tires. No mention of registering.
KSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:31 AM   #10
CWtheMan

Quote:
That might be lower than I want to go. Given the the placard calls for 65 PSI for 2540 lbs LRD per tire, or 10160 on a trailer that has a 8K GVWR. Chris
Because it's a 2019 model, Keystone already applied the 10% RVIA recommendation with the OE tires. In fact, it looks like they went quite a bit higher. @ 80 PSI you will be way over, overkill.

You have a lot of options with your newer tires.
Old 08-30-2018, 08:40 AM   #11
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSH View Post
Register them? I bought my set at America's tires. No mention of registering.
Did you get them from a tire dealer or by mail?

However, ask the seller to provide the forms. If other than GY just put the tire brand in your search engine and request them.

Example:

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/company/register-tires
Old 08-30-2018, 02:49 PM   #12
Snoking

Quote:

It turned out I thing the truck was in regen on the way to the dealer. That is why the mileage was different. In the three years of ownership this is the first time that I was aware of a regen, as it was putting steamy white smoke as a left the RV park. Chris
Old 08-30-2018, 04:59 PM   #13
KSH

Tire dealer. I'll check out the link. Thanks.
KSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:51 PM   #14
travelin texans

Quote:
BTW, these are the wheels that are on the trailer, rated to 2830 each.

The other thing that I noticed at the tire shop is the the Road Armor suspension includes wet bolts.
Has the heavy duty shackles also!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:00 PM   #15
Snoking

So today I got the Laredo out of storage. We put it in storage back in early October and put the Endurance tires on it in late August. I checked the air pressure today, 64.5 in three tires and 65 in the forth. That is what I had them at (65PSI) back in Washington at the end of last summer. Two thumbs up!

Got the little guy de-winterized and washed, and ready for a side trip to Tucson on the 10th.

Chris

Tags
laredo