Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2017, 01:02 PM   #1
thetanman1957

Another new Cougar owner

Bought our 2017 327RLK on Aug 29. Have been out twice and hope to get out 2 more times before we put it away for the winter. So far so good. Had a 2016 KZ Spree Connect C250BHS as our first unit. Thinking ahead to the winterizing process. Can not find any info in the manuals I was given to aid in the process. Can anyone give me some guidance. Does this unit come with water heater bypass? Have to find the exact location of the water pump and the hot water bypass if equipped. Thanks in advance for any help.
thetanman1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:46 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Welcome to the forum! I was trying to find the floorplan for your unit but can't find a 327RLK. What exactly is it? Cougar, 1/2 ton, x lite, etc.?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:57 AM   #3
JimQ

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your Cougar. Someone with chine in with the answer to your question regarding the bypass.
JimQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 03:43 AM   #4
DAN d

welcome to the forum enjoy
DAN d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 03:47 AM   #5
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

to The Forum From Western PA

Enjoy your Cougar

Be Safe and Happy Camping
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:04 AM   #6
jsmith948

Not familiar with your model Cougar - but, the water pump on our's is in the left rear corner cabinet close to the water tank. You should be able to follow the noise to determine its location. On our trailer, we open a cabinet door and remove a false panel where the lower shelf would have been.
You can locate the water heater by locating the outside access panel and then look for a removable panel on the inside in the same area. Our's is under the stove - the bypass valve is accessed by removing a luan panel. Not specific to your trailer - but maybe it will get you started.

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:18 AM   #7
thetanman1957

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Welcome to the forum! I was trying to find the floorplan for your unit but can't find a 327RLK. What exactly is it? Cougar, 1/2 ton, x lite, etc.?
It is a Keystone Cougar model. Here is a video from another dealer I found online.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:23 AM   #8
thetanman1957

jsmith948- I will take a closer look next time I pick it up from storage. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-03-2017, 01:09 AM   #9
DocWMB

Welcome from another 327 RLK owner. Got ours last January and have enjoyed it all summer. Your water pump and access is behind the "outside shower" area inside the driver's side pass-through storage. The diagonal panel needs to be removed. I replaced the back screws in that panel with picture hooks on the back wall that hold the panel in place to the back wall, so I only need to remove one screw holding it to the back of the shower container for access. You'll need to almost climb inside to see what you're doing to the pump, etc. Have fun! Don't forget to watch all the You-Tube video instructions on winterization, etc. They are a great resource.
Oregon

DocWMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:14 AM   #10
thetanman1957

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWMB View Post
Welcome from another 327 RLK owner. Got ours last January and have enjoyed it all summer. Your water pump and access is behind the "outside shower" area inside the driver's side pass-through storage. The diagonal panel needs to be removed. I replaced the back screws in that panel with picture hooks on the back wall that hold the panel in place to the back wall, so I only need to remove one screw holding it to the back of the shower container for access. You'll need to almost climb inside to see what you're doing to the pump, etc. Have fun! Don't forget to watch all the You-Tube video instructions on winterization, etc. They are a great resource.
I did go to our storage site and browsed a little bit on Saturday. I did remove the panel behind the outside shower are and did find the hot water heater bypass. Did not see the water pump in that location, maybe didn't look close enough. We do have the washer/dryer prep in the bedroom closet, but have no units at this time. Do you know if we need to do anything special with the plumbing in that area to winterize?
Old 10-03-2017, 03:27 PM   #11
msubobcats

Our bypass is just below the fridge... 4 screws on a panel...
msubobcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:43 PM   #12
DocWMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetanman1957 View Post
I did go to our storage site and browsed a little bit on Saturday. I did remove the panel behind the outside shower are and did find the hot water heater bypass. Did not see the water pump in that location, maybe didn't look close enough. We do have the washer/dryer prep in the bedroom closet, but have no units at this time. Do you know if we need to do anything special with the plumbing in that area to winterize?
I have not winterized my rig yet, so hadn't thought much about the washer/dryer prep. I would assume that it would be the same as the rest of the faucets, in that you open the low-point drains and then open all the faucets to allow the water to drain out. Might do a search for "Winterize Washer Prep" on the forum and see if anyone has commented on it specifically.
Oregon

DocWMB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar