Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2018, 12:54 PM   #81
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Well I guess this explains it all! In my youth I built and raced drag cars. The tires/wheels on the front were smaller than the Micky Thompsons on the rear. Apparently I was breaking several Federal Laws and Laws of Physics according to the "experts". For the life of me I can't figure out how those front tires crossed the line ahead of those rear tires.[emoji38]
Cause you pulled the chicken handle and popped the chute... [emoji16]
Old 10-02-2018, 12:55 PM   #82
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoking View Post
Like a dog, I think someone just kick their legs to cover their work.
I think that was you licking [emoji849]
Old 10-02-2018, 12:57 PM   #83
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
I've wore out 3 sets of tires since this thread began!!
Now know way more about tires, rpm, sidewalls & LT vs ST that I never wanted/needed/cared to know!
I've had rvs for 40+ years, when the OEM tires wore out I went up at least load range more & the only tires that have ever blown up were LTs, a fluke, bad luck or bad tires, who knows.
To the OP, the Endurance are new on the market so not a lot of real definite reviews, Carlisle, Maxxis, Sailun have very good track records, so skip all these 8 pages of BS & go buy the tires you want.
That's pretty much what I've done for about the same length of time.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:21 PM   #84
Tireman9

To answr the OP. You usually get what you pay for. The G rated steel commercial tires have better construtionand more load capacity so can tolerate the stresses placed on tires due to unique suspension features. It generally taqkes about 4 years to get an indication of probably tire life and the Endurance are only 2+ so the good reports may or may not last. Your choice. We can't balance your tolerance for risk vs your bank account.
Old 10-03-2018, 05:43 AM   #85
Snoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
It generally takes about 4 years to get an indication of probably tire life and the Endurance are only 2+ so the good reports may or may not last. Your choice. We can't balance your tolerance for risk vs your bank account.
I am willing to any risk that could be involved with the new Goodyear Endurance for one simple reason. Goodyear is going to stand behind this tire and it's users 100 percent. They spent a lot of work on development of the tire and they will step up if issues arise, vs changing the name on the sidewall and continue producing the product like china bombs.

Chris
Old 10-03-2018, 06:05 AM   #86
notanlines

Quote:
I am willing to any risk that could be involved with the new Goodyear Endurance for one simple reason. Goodyear is going to stand behind this tire and it's users 100 percent. They spent a lot of work on development of the tire and they will step up if issues arise, vs changing the name on the sidewall and continue producing the product like china bombs.

Chris
This very situation is evidenced by GY’s history with the Marathons.......really?
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 06:54 AM   #87
JRTJH
Site Team

Goodyear has a history of building excellent tires. They also have a history of building "not to great" tires, some of which have been total disasters. What differentiates a company is how they handle their failures. Goodyear "did the right thing" by recalling all Marathon tires in the early '80's, but they then continued to make them, sell them and not recall the later problem batches. (China made Marathons). They have not yet completed any recall action on the Goodyear G159 tire line and this tire has been causing motorhome accidents as early as 1996.

So, is Goodyear going to be "upfront and pro-active" with the Endurance line? Which do you want to follow, their actions with early Marathons or their actions with later Marathons and the G159????

As stated elsewhere, it takes about 4 years to build a reliability pattern in a tire line. Endurance tires are 2 years old.... The jury is still out, early indications look good, but..... My question/concern is not with the tire, but with how Goodyear will handle any problems. Right now, it's simply too early to know what "the future holds".... The past is an indicator, but not the "rest of Paul Harvey's story".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 08:02 AM   #88
travelin texans

Quote:

Chris
I wouldn't say 100%!!
I have friends that had damages due to GY tires blowing & got NO help from GY. There are too many "ifs" involved in their warranty, "if" you saved the blown carcass, "if" the dealer determined it wasn't over/underinflated, "if" GY determined it was a faulty tire & not road damage & "if" it happened on a day the didn't end in "Y"!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 08:09 AM   #89
Getn off

Quote:
If your wheels are rated for LRG tires, put Sailun S637 tires on it. These are all steel ply tires that come in two sizes. ST235/85R16G and ST235/80R16G(to match the diameter of china bomb maypops LRE tires).

Chris
How do I tell if my rime will handle lrg tires? 2018 Sprinter 3551fwmls.
Troy
Getn off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 09:13 AM   #90
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getn off View Post
How do I tell if my rime will handle lrg tires? 2018 Sprinter 3551fwmls.
Troy
You need to check the wheels. If they are 8 lug it is possible if not.. nope..

If they are 8 lug then you can look on the back of the wheel and some times they stamp or emboss the pressure rating which will need to be 110 pounds.

Tags
tires