Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2013, 05:01 AM   #1
jjdrees

Water leak

I have a sprinter 350bhs. We have had alot of rain lately and last night I developed a leak. it coming from the slideout right where a seal should be to keep rain from coming in. we where camping at the time so the slide was out. I ran the slide back in and I dont se any rips in the membrane but the vertical piece of wood is all wet. its not a super bad leak but water is water.
jjdrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:07 AM   #2
therink

Definitely a warranty item. Is there a possibility the uppe outside seal was curled under. Sometimes the seal doesn't fully extend out when opening the slide. Also, we're you level? If the slide side of the trailer was high, water pooled on slide roof can flow toward the seal. Just some thoughts.
Steve

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:50 AM   #3
jjdrees

I called the dealer and was told that a TON of rain came down ( which i agree) I was level. I've been through plenty of rain storms but it really put it down last night. But the dealer said he isnt surprized that some water got in with that much rain coming down. I did not check to see if the seals where all out. last night I ran the slideout back in and it really didnt look bad. I dont know if the dealer is just telling me what I want to hear or if he's being truthful. This is my first camper. He did tell me to bring it in and they would look at it. or I could get a hose and spray on the slideout like its raining and see if it still leaks. not sure yet, probally will take it in. and think about getting the slide out awnings
Old 07-11-2013, 04:28 AM   #4
jjdrees

So upon further inspection. my top slide out seal is not touching the slide out in the center. leaving about a 1/4" gap where the water is coming in. on the inside of the camper looking at the top of the slideout ( the wood trim) it looks kinda bowed down, which would explain the gap at the seal. but I watched the slide out go out and the seal touches the whole time till I cant see it anymore. but when fully out there is a gap. I'm not sure whats happening in the last six inches before its all the way out, but it backs the center drop down some ( I think) my sprinter is a 2004 I have an extended service plan but it only covers getting new seals put on. I'm going to call the reapir place and have them come out and put new seals on it but I don't know if thats for sure the problem. my only thought is after 10 years the seal might have dried up some and shrunk. any ideas. my biggest concern is why is the seal touching the whole way but when fully out there is a gap