Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Notices

Old 03-16-2019, 10:48 AM   #1511
Laredo Tugger

You would think the fill location could be a specification on order (left,driver or right,passenger) and be built as manufactured. Unless there is some reason the present configuration must be in place?
RMc

Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 03:35 PM   #1512
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo Tugger View Post
You would think the fill location could be a specification on order (left,driver or right,passenger) and be built as manufactured. Unless there is some reason the present configuration must be in place?
RMc
The tank I have came new with the fill on the passenger side and the pump on the driver side....and that is if you put the tank in the truck with the vertical portion closest to the tailgate. That configuration allows you to put a crossbed tool box in front of it....right behind the cab of the truck. When I turned mine around a few weeks ago in order to get it out of the way because I am now towing a 5ver and I knew the tank positioned like it was would cause clearance issues with the trailer when turning. So, I unbolted the tank, turned it 180 degrees and put the vertical part up by the cab. Of course doing that, also put my fill on the driver's side and the pump on the passenger side. So, I simply pulled the fittings out of the top of the tank and swapped them so that it was like it had been previously....fill on the right, pump on the left.

Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 05:01 PM   #1513
Laredo Tugger

That was an option I did not know was available (switching the pump and fill).
I guess if you have enough cord for the pump electrical,you could put the fill on the same side as the trucks fuel fill (switch your auxiliary tank fittings) and top off both tanks from the same side of the truck?
After a trip to the scales (next time I roll with the trailer loaded) I will see what I have available in payload and make a decision on an auxiliary tank and size. Right now I can tow about 3-4 hours between fills when towing. And that works pretty much in unison with bladder relief requirements.
RMc
Old 03-16-2019, 05:23 PM   #1514
xrated

Removing the fill port fitting and the pump side fittings require a large pipe wrench or a pair of 460 Channellocks....the fitting is probably about 3- 3 1/4" from one side of the hex to the other side of the hex.....and it's tight. I literally had to put the channellocks on it and not just pull, but brace myself and use my legs to get it started unscrewing.....but it's certainly doable.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:34 PM   #1515
Laredo Tugger

A call to the manufacture may help. I would make sure there is not a factory seal or something that may be compromised by unscrewing it. If it's possible it should make that tank a little more user friendly.
RMc
Old 03-16-2019, 07:35 PM   #1516
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo Tugger View Post
A call to the manufacture may help. I would make sure there is not a factory seal or something that may be compromised by unscrewing it. If it's possible it should make that tank a little more user friendly.
RMc
There is no factory seal.....it's a simple pipe thread fitting using NPT standardized threads on both the male and female parts. I would and did use a pipe sealant made for gasoline though instead of just plain old everyday pipe thread sealant.