Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Notices

Old 12-01-2018, 05:48 PM   #31
Jonnyjuno

2019 montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
This may not apply to everyone's system but i found on our trailer if you take the red and white rca's that come up from the audio unit if equipped with a DVD player. Swap the red and white to the audio out on your Tely and turn the radio source to AUX-1 and it should in theory play your tely sound through the speakers in your trailer. I did this on our 2013 cougar and also my parents 2018 cougar. hope this helps anyone who cares to have surround sound in their camper..

Cheer's
They hook it up from the factory with HDMI now (because the integrated DVD player) just change radio input to hdmi arc and tv will play through stereo I have the Jensen unit in a 2019 montana 3700lk

Jonnyjuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:07 PM   #32
Local150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyjuno View Post
They hook it up with HDMI for you just change radio input to hdmi arc and tv will play through stereo
Am saving your post so when it warms up I can try it

Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:52 PM   #33
Cfilipiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
I also was looking to achieve this goal of using the better and built-in speakers when watching TV. I achieved this a different way though. My Hideout had a Furrion DV3100 installed. I went ahead and bought and upgraded to a DV3300 unit with HDMI instead. The Summit TV that came in our trailer has an HDMI interface with ARC (Audio Return Channel). The DV3300 also supports this on its HDMI port. What this enables is that the TV can output the sound over the HDMI back to the Furrion unit which then plays sound over the speakers. This will only work with input from other HDMI interfaces on TV (such as a laptop, media streaming box, or Blu-ray player) but that works fine for my purposes.

Hopefully this helps some!
So what is the wire configuration? I have the furrion HDMI cable connected to HDMI on the summit TV. I have the direct tv connected to the HDMI 2 on the Summit TV. I have the dv3300 set on ARC. But I can’t get any sound through the RV speakers. Can you advise as to your wire pattern? Thanks
Cfilipiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:35 PM   #34
Rber1234

I too would like to know exactly how you were able to channel Tv sound thru TT speakers. I just upgraded TT speakers with JVC J620 300W ones. I’ve been trying to figure out to output to them from Tv.
Rber1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:53 PM   #35
cookinwitdiesel

Right now I am guilty of theory crafting the setup but should be able to prove it out soon as weather improves. If the TV and Furrion are using ARC as it is intended it should all flow right.

2018 Keystone Hideout 28RKS Travel Trailer
cookinwitdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 06:35 PM   #36
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rber1234 View Post
I too would like to know exactly how you were able to channel Tv sound thru TT speakers. I just upgraded TT speakers with JVC J620 300W ones. I’ve been trying to figure out to output to them from Tv.
One easy way is to buy a "patch cable" and plug it into the "headphone out" jack on the TV and into the "aux in" on the amplifier/stereo. Then it's just a selector switch to choose "aux" and turn up the sound until you can hear it comfortably.

You can also use the red/white "audio out" jacks on the back of the TV and connect them to the "audio in" jacks on the back of the stereo. Some newer stereo systems "may not have audio in" jacks....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:53 PM   #37
Rber1234

Never thought of that. Can’t wait to try that out as soon as the Amazon genie delivers the patch cable.

Rber1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
speakers, television