Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2018, 10:06 AM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
I think the biggest difference would be the "flex", the rv coatings spray over the original roof material so therefore has to have a good amount of flex. The Line X seems to be much harder & sprayed onto surfaces that do not flex. The Rhino lining may be better to try on a roof as it's more rubbery, softer, less hardner than Line X.
Maybe so maybe not.... I think when it gets down to the "one is more flexible than the other" (when applied to a OSB base over a 30' span), it becomes a discussion similar to "blue Dawn is better/not better than Dawn Ultra or Dawn Platinum".... They're the same chemical composition with less carrier agent, much like Line-X is the same poly-urea as Flex Armor, just a different color and less "curing agent" so it sets up "more rubbery". If you go to a Line-X dealer, take a look at their samples, it's a "thinner coating" that's half as thick as Rhino Liner, but not quite as flexible, although you can easily fold it in half without breaking. They're essentially the same coating material, applied with slightly different techniques and chemical carriers, which gives a slightly different outcome. Essentially, it looks like one is marketed for truck beds, one is marketed for RV roofs. Similar to "semi gloss latex" and "satin latex", one is marketed for bathrooms and one is marketed for bedroom, but both essentially the same latex paint....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 08:42 PM   #22
msp2jxr

New roof

[QUOTE=HIDE-EE;315166]So I just got back from a trip and was getting ready to take the fifth wheel back to storage when I looked up and noticed the corner of the roof on the right side looked different. I got on the roof to find I apparently got too close to a tree and it tore the rubber roof right on the corner. About 2 or 3 feet is torn. I don’t see any other damage it was on the right side closer to the front but no damage to the cap or awning. I didn’t hear anything and really don’t even know when it happened. I’m calling the dealership and insurance tomorrow but wondering how it might get fixed? Can they patch it or am I getting a new roof?😐[/QUO

I did the same thing to the corner of my rubber roof. It will be a new roof to the tune of $6,100 . I patched it while we were on the road that was guaranteed for 25 years. The dealer did not recommend leaving the patch because it was on the corner. I think yours will be the same as mine.
msp2jxr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof