Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2023, 07:03 PM   #1
Squanto

Door blind installed incorrectly.

Nothing major but my 23MLE came with the accordion black out blind in the door. Mine was installed with the blind pulled up to close. It was difficult to open because the folds wouldn't work correctly and had to be folded manually. I saw some rv tour video where the blind was pulled down to close. I decided I liked that better because then the folded blind would be at the top of the window rather than the bottom. That gives the ability to see down better.

Turning it around is fairly easy. 2 plastic clips pop out at top and bottom and then the blind is turned 180 and locked back in.

Now it works much better and can be pulled up and down without manual folding. No idea why this matters but it does.

Unfortunately, having to operate it between the door and screen door makes it kind of a PITA anyway.
Squanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 05:46 AM   #2
NH_Bulldog

The ones I have seen have all pulled down from the top, so maybe yours was assembled on a Friday afternoon?

The shade is typically an add-on accessory you can purchase and install yourself if the door didn’t come with it, and many doors now have a sticker that says “Thin Shade Ready”.

Mine doesn’t have a shade and my door glass is pebbled privacy glass so you can’t see anything but vague shapes anyway. I have thought of adding one to block light, but didn’t for the very reason you noted; with the door closed, you can’t operate the shade.
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 05:59 PM   #3
drrelli

I’ve been researching this as an add-on. Some people intentionally install it upside down so they can have some privacy and some outdoor vision at the same time.
Old 12-17-2023, 06:16 PM   #4
rescue7

I put mine on upside down. That way I can look out the window and people cant see you or see in easily.
rescue7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 07:50 PM   #5
Squanto

I guess I never thought of closing it part way. Might be a good idea but wouldn't help us. My wife is a bit paranoid and would think someone would stand on the steps to look in. We were at a mountain campsite and she insisted on closing the blinds in the evening even a person would need a ladder to see in.
Old 12-18-2023, 02:45 AM   #6
rescue7

If they stand on the steps at least you will know they are there. Should be able to sense the trailer movement.
rescue7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 03:13 AM   #7
WNY Bullet

I originally installed mine to pull down to close (the way the directions tell you to), but changed it around to pull up to close for better sense of security since I can still look out at night. I close it with about an inch open so I can still look out, but even if someone was on the steps, they can't see anything inside except the ceiling.
2017 Chevy Silverado LT Z71

WNY Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 04:39 AM   #8
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squanto View Post
Nothing major but my 23MLE came with the accordion black out blind in the door. Mine was installed with the blind pulled up to close. It was difficult to open because the folds wouldn't work correctly and had to be folded manually. I saw some rv tour video where the blind was pulled down to close. I decided I liked that better because then the folded blind would be at the top of the window rather than the bottom. That gives the ability to see down better.

Turning it around is fairly easy. 2 plastic clips pop out at top and bottom and then the blind is turned 180 and locked back in.

Now it works much better and can be pulled up and down without manual folding. No idea why this matters but it does.

Unfortunately, having to operate it between the door and screen door makes it kind of a PITA anyway.

plot twist….the DOOR …was actually installed upside down…might have to stand back a little to notice it
Old 12-19-2023, 01:23 PM   #9
Squanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue7 View Post
If they stand on the steps at least you will know they are there. Should be able to sense the trailer movement.
You're suggesting I use logic with my wife?

Tags
led