Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2018, 01:32 PM   #1
Lucyg

2017 Avalanche 320 RS

We purchased our unit from a local dealer and took delivery in June of last year. We did one trip to Wyoming and came home with a list of warranty work some minor but some big issues. The Dealer had our unit for most of the summer saying parts were on order etc.

Our first trip this season I noticed that indeed work was not completed. For example the bedroom door and bathroom sliding doors were delaminating. I had blue painters tape applied to indicate the damage. The painters tape is still on the doors even though the Dealer swears that they put the new doors into my unit. Wen I contacted Keystone they indicated that nothing had been ordered from them for our trailer vin with the exception of a replacement awning.

I requested from Keystone customer care the record and was told they are not able to provide me with the record... that I need to call a Dealer that has already lied to me and request the record from them.
Tell me WHY I should spend $75,000 + for another Keystone product
Lucyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 02:15 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Find an "HONEST" dealer. It's NOT Keystone that is your problem.... If you call Ford and ask for the invoices on warranty parts/labor ordered for your truck by the dealer, Ford won't submit anything to you without a court order. It's not "just bad ole Keystone" that doesn't get in the middle of a "Dealer/Customer squabble". Almost every manufacturer will try to stay out of such situations as best they can. Your "beef" is with the dealer that lied to you, not with Keystone who built a trailer with a defective door and has no record of ever knowing the door was defective.....

I feel your frustration, but don't blame it on someone 1000 miles from where the problems lay......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:12 PM   #3
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Lucy, I feel your pain. What was your conversation with the dealer after Keystone told you the dealer had not ordered the door? That's where this problem lies. At the dealers doorstep. More importantly, what are they doing about it now? I would ask for copies of the service write up from the dealer when they do it

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:29 PM   #4
Lucyg

Ctbruce and JRJT
Thank you both for re enforcing my first impression of your product. You both indicated the problem lies with the Dealer.. However, the lack of quality control and lack of attention to fine details at the manufacturing level ARE the root of my problems. ALSO you choose the DEALER to represent YOUR product. When I wrote my question it was an effort to shorten the bs time in dealing with a less than honest dealer whom you choose. Obviously you have the information for me, to provide the Dealer to call him out on his dishonesty. Reducing my time in finding a solution to these problems. However, once again for the second summer we have owned it MY $75,000 RV manufactured BY YOU will spend valuable camping time at the Dealer. Good luck on a recommendation for your product and customer service after the sale from me.

Best wishes
Lucy
Old 05-29-2018, 04:38 PM   #5
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Lucy, we dont work for Keystone and the forum is not owned by Keystone. To our knowledge, no one from Keystone even reads or participates in this forum. It says that at the bottom of every page that this is the fact. Did you misunderstand that when you joined? I'm sorry if you did. We're just here on our own helping people like you out. We do not represent Keystone in any capacity, unofficial or official.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
Old 05-29-2018, 04:40 PM   #6
Lucyg

Forgive me... I was obviously under the impression that you were a part of Keystone. Please accept my apology. I fell in love with my floor plan but it's been a difficult two years. Again my apologies.

Lucy
Old 05-29-2018, 04:48 PM   #7
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucyg View Post
Forgive me... I was obviously under the impression that you were a part of Keystone. Please accept my apology. I fell in love with my floor plan but it's been a difficult two years. Again my apologies.

Lucy
Of course. Like I said I feel for your pain. Now you can spend your energy on the dealer you have already used or go to another one. There may be an authorized independent repair facility too. You have options.
I'd hurry though, your year is almost up. If you get it documented, you dont have to fix it right away. You can use your trailer and enjoy it until it is ready to be repaired. No need for a long down time.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
Old 05-29-2018, 08:16 PM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Lucyg,

Hopefully you're now on the "right track" with your dealer and you better understand the relationship members of this forum have with Keystone RV company. Most of us are owners of Keystone products, none of us have any interest in Keystone corporation and none of us work for that company. As for me, I've owned RV's for the last 50 (give or take) years and have owned two Keystone trailers. Both of them have been essentially trouble-free. I have no connection to Keystone other than what is identified in the previous sentence.

From what you wrote, the dealership where you took your RV for repairs did not do what they told you they did. They do not "work for" or have a "corporate franchise" with Keystone. Keystone does not "control dealership business" and they have no corporate vote in how any dealership is operated.

There is one Keystone dealer that is a member of the forum. Here is how he explained his relationship with Keystone: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...451#post268451 You can read his other posts, many that shed light on dealerships from a dealer's perspective by clicking on his name and looking at all of his posts.

Like Chip, I do hope you have good luck getting your RV repaired. As for the dealer you're working with, from what you said, there is a lot to be improved in the relationship. I'd urge you to have a very open, frank discussion with the dealership owner and tell him exactly how you feel and what has transpired. You should be able to expect honest reports of what has been done to your trailer and apparently that hasn't happened. He owes you his honesty and you need to let him know that hasn't happened with his employees.

Again, don't blame Keystone. They, from what you stated, didn't even know the trailer door even had a problem. They can't fix something they don't even know is broken. I think, if you can get the dealer "to be honest with you and Keystone" or if you can find another dealer to repair your trailer, you will, like almost all of us, realize that Keystone will go out of their way to help you. But don't get nasty with them over something they don't even know is broken.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 09:25 AM   #9
John&Genny

Sorry you have been having problems with your 320RS Lucy. We have had some minor issues with ours, and initially we were not happy with our dealers first attempt at repairs, but after we brought it back a second time and talked with the service manager, we were able to get the repairs done to our satisfaction. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease You have your location listed as Richland, as in Richland, WA. or a different Richland?

Other than a few minor issues, we love our 320RS. Had just the right floorplan for us and the wife and I really enjoy it so far. This weekend my brother and I are installing some slide toppers for the two main and bedroom slides. That should be fun
John&Genny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 10:29 AM   #10
KYFamily

Buying from a good dealer is so important. I've had mine back twice and couldn't be happier. Each time I got a detailed invoice of what was done and I checked the work before I took it off of the lot. They even finished the work quicker than was was communicated. My only question is why did you not not check the work before you left with it? Then you could have shown the service manager that not all of the work was complete.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:00 AM   #11
travelin texans

I've missed or overlooked something here. You lost last summers camping season due to your dealeships lies & lack of repairs, now camping season is here again & just now trying to get it repaired again? Did you take it directly to winter storage with out checking their work & has it sat all winter in storage & now wanting it fixed?
Not trying to be a smart a##, but had it of been mine & I saw they failed to fix it & lied to me about it, it would've never left their shop & I'd of been there all winter looking over their should while they fixed it to my satisfaction.
Whatever shop you take it to, have them document everything in writing giving you a copy, have them order all parts & when they arrive, after summer travels if it's able to travel, schedule a date & time to be repaired & a date & time soon after that it will be completed & then go over it with a fine tooth comb with the service manager & general manager of the dealership present.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote