Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2018, 11:17 AM   #1
wifi_guy

2018 Keystone Fuzion 417 Awning

Hello all,

I tore my front awning material this year to the point where patching really isn't an option. I am looking here: http://store.keystonervcenter.com/ke...cement+Fabrics

Looks like they "might" carry my exact match to the awning fabric that is currently on the RV. Anyone know where I can find out what the exact match is on my 417?

I'd really like the front and back fabrics to match if I can get them to.

Thanks all,
wifi_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:44 AM   #2
Tinner12002

I really don't have any affiliation with this company even though I tell people to check them out...lol. Check with Trekwood RV parts online as they have nearly everything for later mod Keystone stuff!
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:00 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

The "Keystone RV Center" or "Keystone RV Mega Center" are not affiliated with Keystone RV Company. The name, Keystone RV Center" probably comes from the location of that RV sales company, in Pennsylvania, the Keystone State.

They may offer an excellent price on replacement awning fabric, or they may "kill you on shipping/handling charges".... Shop around, contact the awning manufacturer, check EBay and Amazon. Often they will have the exact OEM awning fabric replacement much cheaper than any RV dealership.... Then, a dealership may have one that was ordered for someone else, taking up space that they want to get out of inventory, even at a loss. Finding that kind of deal is an opportunistic sale, you've got to be lucky to be there when the sale occurs.....

If you open your awning, somewhere on the underside is a sewn on tag with the part number/color for the awning fabric. Don't confuse this tag with the awning tag, which is usually on the awning rail (metal part). With that number, you can order OEM fabric replacements from any dealer of that brand. Shop around, many are very expensive, some are cheaper and a few are "discount dealers with huge savings"..... If you're not in a big hurry, you may find significant savings by searching rather than ordering from an RV center and paying shipping to your home.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 03:14 PM   #4
wifi_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
The "Keystone RV Center" or "Keystone RV Mega Center" are not affiliated with Keystone RV Company. The name, Keystone RV Center" probably comes from the location of that RV sales company, in Pennsylvania, the Keystone State.

They may offer an excellent price on replacement awning fabric, or they may "kill you on shipping/handling charges".... Shop around, contact the awning manufacturer, check EBay and Amazon. Often they will have the exact OEM awning fabric replacement much cheaper than any RV dealership.... Then, a dealership may have one that was ordered for someone else, taking up space that they want to get out of inventory, even at a loss. Finding that kind of deal is an opportunistic sale, you've got to be lucky to be there when the sale occurs.....

If you open your awning, somewhere on the underside is a sewn on tag with the part number/color for the awning fabric. Don't confuse this tag with the awning tag, which is usually on the awning rail (metal part). With that number, you can order OEM fabric replacements from any dealer of that brand. Shop around, many are very expensive, some are cheaper and a few are "discount dealers with huge savings"..... If you're not in a big hurry, you may find significant savings by searching rather than ordering from an RV center and paying shipping to your home.
I am not in a big hurry, located in Minnesota, just trying to get something lined up so I am ready to go in the spring.

I have never had to replace an awning cover before, so here is my question. My 2016 Rockwood had the aluminum cover that went over the awning once it was all the way in, what is that wrap "officially" called? I'd like to see if I can't get that fabric with that on it as well.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:18 PM   #5
wifi_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinner12002 View Post
I really don't have any affiliation with this company even though I tell people to check them out...lol. Check with Trekwood RV parts online as they have nearly everything for later mod Keystone stuff!
Their website is pretty awesome. Thank you. I think I found one that matches.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:50 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifi_guy View Post
... My 2016 Rockwood had the aluminum cover that went over the awning once it was all the way in, what is that wrap "officially" called? I'd like to see if I can't get that fabric with that on it as well.
The outer, usually heavier fabric or aluminum is called a weathergard. Some brands call it a flexguard, either way, it's purpose if to protect the first wrap of the awning fabric from UV rays and from dirt/grime. Remember, if you're concerned with your awnings matching, having one with an aluminum wrap and one with no wrap will not match either when the trailer is ready for travel or when the awnings are extended at camp. So, just consider that if "matching canopies" is an issue.....

There are several threads on the forum that deal with how to remove/replace the awning fabric, links to U-tube videos are located on some of them. There are several members who have done their own awning fabric exchange, so you're not in "unexplored territory". Feel free to ask for advice, shortcuts and what to expect. Fear of the unknown is usually the biggest hurdle in making the decision to do the work yourself.

Good Luck with your search for the fabric and the work yet to come.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, fuzion, keystone