Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 01-01-2018, 07:19 PM   #1
Ksupaul

Keystone consistent with manufacturers?

Wondering if Keystone is consistent with using the same manufacturers for most of the mechanicals? Water Heater, fridge, Furnace, AC, etc?

Just wondering. Pick up a Cougar xlite this weekend and will find out then, but was curious as I ready threads on what I might have. Especially for water heater and fridge.
Ksupaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:24 PM   #2
theeyres

I'm sure that over time they put out for bid all of the stuff they buy to put in their RV's. So, no, from time to time I have no doubt you will see different manufacturer's items.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:30 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by theeyres View Post
I'm sure that over time they put out for bid all of the stuff they buy to put in their RV's. So, no, from time to time I have no doubt you will see different manufacturer's items.
Yup! I’ve seen component brand changes in same model, mid year. As long as they function properly I don’t see a reason to favor one over another.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:33 PM   #4
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

For the most part yes, but you never know. Your still in midyear so should be fine if they were making what you ordered. If you are buying out of inventory then it is open to whst was available at the time. At the end of the run is most susceptible to changes. Good luck on your pickup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:34 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

No telling what will be there, BUT, take the time at PDI, or afterward, to know where the converter is, the furnace, hot water heater, makes models etc. They are pretty much straight forward on any trailer if you know what you are looking for but many can't find them.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 02:47 AM   #6
earlzach

From what I could tell my 2018 has a few things that are of the latest tech or design for its class. So yes they move forward with stuff.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:12 AM   #7
Pull Toy

There is always room for new ideas. Not all of them are GREAT ideas, however!

There are only a limited number of manufacturers for camper specific ( water heater, furnace, roof a/c etc.) Residential TVs, sound systems etc, will vary with the price/quality of the RV.

All manufacturers comply with RVIA certification, so build quality and specifics are pretty constant from manufacturer to manufacturer, regardless of what you hear. Bear in mind that "end price" dictates compromises on "High End" finish, and equipment. Jut like with GM, your Suburban won't come close to the Escalade for luxury trim etc...

Good Luck,

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone