Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-23-2017, 03:25 PM   #1
Javi

New insight on The Ground Control 3 unit..

On the last trip I found a flat tire on the trailer as I was loading up to leave...

Anyway... Used the Ground Control jacks to raise the wheel off the ground, because the controller is on the other side of the trailer I used the remote to control the jacks..

When I finished and lowered the wheel back to the ground I went around and used the controller to raise the rear jacks, and get the trailer back to hitch height..

So far no problem... But as I was removing the chocks I noticed that the curb side rear jack hadn't fully retracted... again no problem but I couldn't get it to retract that last 2"....

No problem.. plenty of clearance so off we go... After the weekend I did the auto retract and hitched up.. oops... now the jack is extended about 3"...

And again, no problem... still got plenty of clearance and no dips on the way home, so again we're off..

Fast forward to today... Getting ready for another trip and decided to get that jack to go back home..

Hooked up to the truck and auto retracted all the jacks... still no joy..

Decided to follow the instructions and use the manual part of the controller to lower all 4 jacks independently at least 8"... Cycled the controller off/on for good measure and hit auto retract all...

You guessed it.... darn jack is now at least 6" extended and all the rest of them are fully retracted..

Fooled around with it for a good hour and a half... no joy.. and getting mad as a bag full of cats...

Finally in desperation I got the remote and put it in retract, then hit the button for the rear jacks... whirrrrrrrrrrr.... The darn thing went to home...

when around the trailer and cycled all four jacks with the controller three or four times and everything worked as it should..

Darn glad... I was fixing to get the tool box out and get serious...
Old 12-23-2017, 04:07 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

It sounds like the Ground Control unit is similar to the lights and a few other electrical components on the Cougar. Turn it on with the remote, it only turns off with the remote... Good to know that you found the glitch before breaking out the tool box. Thanks for the heads up !!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 05:55 PM   #3
Javi

I get the remote part, what I didn't get was that every time I used the control panel the extended part got longer.

If I would have used the control a couple more times I'd have raised the trailer on that side

Javi
Old 12-23-2017, 09:42 PM   #4
CaptnJohn

Really strange as why it continued to grow. Maybe I could try to rationalize if hydraulic but not on your electric system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote