Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2017, 03:17 AM   #1
fable081

Leak Info 2017 28 RKS 5th

Hello All:

Decided to post this info in case other owners encountered the same problem.

About 2 mins after I began to flush the Black Tank water began running between the foam and Hot and cold water drains located to the right of the Valve handle in the center of the under panel.(attached Pic)

Took it to the Dealer where they could not duplicate the problem. This happened on 2 more occasions when I decided I needed to do my own "detective work".

I went under the rig and had someone else turn the water on. I could here the water in the tank but also heard a loud drip like rain on a roof. There was no leak until I pushed up on the under panel at which time water began to leak in the same area.

Upon returning to the dealer with video evidence and some pictures they cut open a 3 ft x 3 ft square in the panel and upon testing found that the connections from the water to the black tank flush were not secure and although water was going in the tank about 1/3 was falling on to the under panel and sitting there until the rig was moved or tilted to allow the water to drain at the overflow valve cutouts.

Problem Solved
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV Leak.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	14834  
2017 Ford F-250 6.7 l

fable081 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak