Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2018, 10:58 AM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Too bad they don't ask for design from folks that have spent time living in or at least using a rv. If I were guessing, most designers, builders, nor salesman have spent any significant amount of time in a rv other than walking in/out.
I'd bet that all of us use our RV differently, expect different options from what someone else would expect and would build "significantly different" RV's if given the opportunity to do it "our way".... That said, if you got 100 RV owners in a room, you'd have as much "disagreement" as you typically see on this or any other forum. You, me nor Keystone can build one RV that would make every purchaser a "happy camper".....

That said, it seems to me, that Keystone, Forest River, Winnebago and all the rest, build "to the middle of the want list" and leave the rest to each owner to personalize as they believe will fit their needs best. So, what "horrifies" one owner, is an "oh well" to another and what "terrifies" a particular group would probably be, to someone else, to "lay down beside and take a nap".....

You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.....

As a note, on both the Springdale and the Cougar, toilet paper holder, towel bars and toothpaste/toothbrush holder were something straight from the Dollar Tree. My DW just tossed it all and went to buy something much more durable and styled to her preference. To me, I'd have just hung the towels over the shower wall and left the TP in the vanity base right in front of the toilet, but that wasn't left up to me......

Horrified???? OK, that's a new one for drawer organizers, at least for me.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:24 AM   #22
miaoreo

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Too bad they don't ask for design from folks that have spent time living in or at least using a rv. If I were guessing, most designers, builders, nor salesman have spent any significant amount of time in a rv other than walking in/out.
Boy have you got THAT right!...... Trying to load the new Alpine for our trip to AZ next week.... OH MY.... so many things that won't fit, ie, the Keurig will only fit in ONE cabinet, or the shelf is too shallow.. example, my Dish box... there is not a single shelf of cabinet surrounding the TV that it fits properly in or on. Trying to come up with a Mod for that now!

2018 Chevrolet High Country 3500 Duramax
2018 Keystone Alpine 3900RE Toy Hauler
miaoreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:46 AM   #23
sbarlag

Nice job!!
sbarlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 08:16 AM   #24
Tinner12002

Nice mod, but we also picked up a plastic one that fit the drawer perfectly. Actually had several choices.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 08:20 AM   #25
Tinner12002

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaoreo View Post
Boy have you got THAT right!...... Trying to load the new Alpine for our trip to AZ next week.... OH MY.... so many things that won't fit, ie, the Keurig will only fit in ONE cabinet, or the shelf is too shallow.. example, my Dish box... there is not a single shelf of cabinet surrounding the TV that it fits properly in or on. Trying to come up with a Mod for that now!
Most RVs are severely lacking when it comes to cabinet and storage space. Best thing RV manufactures could do is to install normal 12" deep upper kitchen cabinets in them.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:24 AM   #26
TheBeans

A GREAT mod! Thanks for the construction directions and photos---I know we'll be doing this one in the spring.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:27 AM   #27
Drydays

Modifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I'd bet that all of us use our RV differently, expect different options from what someone else would expect and would build "significantly different" RV's if given the opportunity to do it "our way".... That said, if you got 100 RV owners in a room, you'd have as much "disagreement" as you typically see on this or any other forum. You, me nor Keystone can build one RV that would make every purchaser a "happy camper".....

That said, it seems to me, that Keystone, Forest River, Winnebago and all the rest, build "to the middle of the want list" and leave the rest to each owner to personalize as they believe will fit their needs best. So, what "horrifies" one owner, is an "oh well" to another and what "terrifies" a particular group would probably be, to someone else, to "lay down beside and take a nap".....

You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.....

As a note, on both the Springdale and the Cougar, toilet paper holder, towel bars and toothpaste/toothbrush holder were something straight from the Dollar Tree. My DW just tossed it all and went to buy something much more durable and styled to her preference. To me, I'd have just hung the towels over the shower wall and left the TP in the vanity base right in front of the toilet, but that wasn't left up to me......

Horrified???? OK, that's a new one for drawer organizers, at least for me.
Your note on the Pleasing people.. We have hosted and volunteered ,, That statement is a prerequisite,, BUt not in this subject line... I hope you all have a great YEAR Fixing things..
Cheers
Drydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:34 AM   #28
Wilco

Nice modification. I will remember it if I have a need for a similar divider. I measure the inside of all my drawer/storage spaces and store them on my cell phone so when I find a container that I think will work, I can check the measurements before I purchase it.

I have modified every RV that I have owned to suit my wife and myself. The manufacturer only installs the minimum necessary to sell the units.
2015 Catalina 33RETS
Wilco is offline   Reply With Quote