Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2017, 08:38 PM   #1
Trayce295bh

Check light on. Dometic freezer fridge combo.

Hello once again,

The check light is staying on in my Dometic freezer-fridge in my 2001 295bh. I cycled the power, and switched from propane to 12v. Still on. Last week I turned it on for a bit, and don't recall seeing the check light lit up or not. The unit is getting cold as it's supposed to, but the light it on. I read on Google that it could be the thermocoupler. Is that something I can try fixing? Or do I just replace it? Thank you for your help. I just tried to ignite a burner on our oven, and theirs nothing coming out. Would the check light come on if we are out of propane?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1512966457581.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	14832   Click image for larger version

Name:	1512966484210.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	14833  
Trayce295bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:43 PM   #2
Trayce295bh

Update, I switched from propane to 12v, and then cycled the power. So far the check light is staying off. Fingers crossed haha
Old 12-10-2017, 08:55 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Yes, the "check light" will come on if there is an interruption of cooling to the refrigerator. That can be caused by the 120 VAC heater failing or by the propane system not functioning properly. If the refrigerator calls for cooling and the system in in the propane mode, it will attempt to light three times, If, at the third attempt, there is no propane flame detected, the "check light" will illuminate. Since you say there is no propane at the stove, that is probably why you have a "check light" on the refrigerator. Refill your propane, purge the lines (to remove all air) by turning on the stove burner until it lights properly, then turn the refrigerator back to propane. It may take 3 or 4 (maybe more) attempts before all the air is out of the gas lines and it functions properly, so don't give up after one try. Let us know what you find after you have propane available.....

ADDED: You must have 12VDC (either battery or converter power) in order for the refrigerator to operate properly. Even on 120VAC, the system control board must have 12VDC to operate. So, if your battery is low and you are not plugged into shore power, the refrigerator will not operate properly, even if you do have propane.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:00 PM   #4
Trayce295bh

I will keep you in the loop. I'm a total newbie at this haha currently we are hooked up to my in-laws house for our power. We were using the propane for our furnace and fridge up until we ran out last night. Just now we were using the microwave, fridge, a ceramic heater, and some lights and we tripped the breaker on the house and the RV haha a lesson learned. Now we know that if we're using the microwave, we have to not use anything else.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:22 AM   #5
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayce295bh View Post
I will keep you in the loop. I'm a total newbie at this haha currently we are hooked up to my in-laws house for our power. We were using the propane for our furnace and fridge up until we ran out last night. Just now we were using the microwave, fridge, a ceramic heater, and some lights and we tripped the breaker on the house and the RV haha a lesson learned. Now we know that if we're using the microwave, we have to not use anything else.
You may be a newbue, but you're learning fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:58 AM   #6
Trayce295bh

Thank you I'll take that compliment haha
Old 12-11-2017, 07:44 AM   #7
jsmith948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayce295bh View Post
All about how many amps are available. Are you plugged into a 30 amp RV receptacle? or a 15/20 amp regular household receptacle? If youre plugged into a 15 amp house circuit, you should be using a heavy duty extension cord.

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:00 AM   #8
Trayce295bh

I think it's just a 15\20. My father in law already bought us a heavy duty cord to replace our current one with.

Tags
dometic, freezer, fridge, light