Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 10-31-2017, 08:50 AM   #21
byrdr1

Just had my first trip with my 4 new Goodyear endurance tires mounted on my new axles.
Seemed to ride fine.
they had a date stamp of August 2017.
took 4 4-year-old Maxxis off of it. 2 damaged from an incident and the other two are now spares on my camper and my daughter's camper.
randy

randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:55 PM   #22
ken56

Finally got the Goodyears installed and Had a 40 mile drive home. I replaced the Trailer Kings, D rated, that were on the unit when I bought it. The Goodyears are E rated and I could tell an immediate improvement in the stability of the unit when towing. Speeds were from 35 to 70 and in between and the difference is noticeable in the handling and ride. My Laredo has a 10K max GVWR. Now, onward to Florida.
ken56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:25 PM   #23
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken56 View Post
Finally got the Goodyears installed and Had a 40 mile drive home. I replaced the Trailer Kings, D rated, that were on the unit when I bought it. The Goodyears are E rated and I could tell an immediate improvement in the stability of the unit when towing. Speeds were from 35 to 70 and in between and the difference is noticeable in the handling and ride. My Laredo has a 10K max GVWR. Now, onward to Florida.
Good for you! My trailer has a gvw of 10k as well and came with LRD TKs. Bad combo that cost a lot to fix. The LRDs are not "big" enough to support a 10k trailer IMO. Went to Carlisle HDs LRE and, like you, the improvement in towing was immediately noticeable. Now you can head on down to FL with confidence. If you are coming immediately I can tell you the weather has been FANTASTIC! Got here on Nov. 1 and it has been super nice!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote