Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2017, 01:11 PM   #1
xrated

Cable TV hookup Question?

OK, since we are pretty much done with our track days for the year, next weekend, we are going to take the Impact 303 Toy Hauler out to a real campground in Chattanooga and spend 4 days with my daughter and Son-in-Law camping and having some fun. So the question I am asking, is this.

The campground has free cable TV and I have no idea how to tap into it or what I need to connect. Our toy hauler has a weatherproof connector up front and outside that you would screw an "F" connector on. Right next to it is a normal 120VAC receptacle under a weatherproof cover. I'm thinking that is for putting a TV outside and hooking it up...correct?

So in the back of the toy hauler, in the garage area is where the signal booster is located and there is a button to turn it on. Also, on that same plate is two places to hook a "F" connector. The top one is labelled "satellite" and the bottom one is labelled TV. Is the one that is labelled "satellite" where a cable would be plugged into for the campground provided cable signal? If not.....where do I hook up the coax from the campground's cable service to my T.H.......at the Television itself?

Thank in advance.....I'm a total rookie on this issue.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 02:41 PM   #2
Javi

My Cougar has 2 individual connectors in the convenience center, one marked CABLE, and the other marked SATELLITE. My Passport had a connector at the rear of the trailer marked CABLE..

What you're describing with the 110 plug is for an outside TV hookup... I have one of those on the off side of the trailer in the basement.. and the mount for the TV in storage.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:50 PM   #3
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
My Cougar has 2 individual connectors in the convenience center, one marked CABLE, and the other marked SATELLITE. My Passport had a connector at the rear of the trailer marked CABLE..

What you're describing with the 110 plug is for an outside TV hookup... I have one of those on the off side of the trailer in the basement.. and the mount for the TV in storage.
You have confirmed what I thought for the outside front offside connector and recpt.......it a place to hook up an outside Television. Thank You! I'm wondering if the one that's marked satellite (in the garage area) would be a direct input to the television in the living room/kitchen area?

Old 10-22-2017, 04:23 PM   #4
Javi

Sent pm

Javi
Old 10-30-2017, 12:02 PM   #5
xrated

UPDATE: Well, we just got back early this afternoon from our 4 day adventure in Chattanooga......Awesome place for sure! So anyway, I feel like a real bonehead now. As I was setting up the trailer Thursday afternoon, and was hooking up the electric, I happened to notice that there are two ports in the same general area. One is marked satellite prep and the other is unmarked. So I hooked up the cable connection to the one that was unmarked and we had cable TV for out weekend. I guess I just overlooked those two ports because I never had the option of using cable before.....so now I know, but I still feel like a bonehead for not seeing it before.!

Old 10-30-2017, 02:02 PM   #6
Javi

Glad you found it

Javi
Old 10-30-2017, 02:59 PM   #7
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Glad you found it

Javi
And I appreciate the time you took with me last week on the phone trying to help. Now, onto other issues......like a leak that I discovered during our Saturday of rain in Chattanooga.

Tags
cable