Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2017, 11:16 PM   #1
lauralietx

Where is outside Cable Connection

My newly purchased 2013 Keystone Hideout Hornet travel trailer has me confused where to hook up RV parks cable TV wire! It is a 22RBWE Rv an has labeled Satellite connection on back of Rv an a TV coaxle connector on front with rack to hang inside TV outside so I don't think it is my cable connection but there is no more found.....I tried hooking into satellite connector but that did not seem to work! Maintenance came an checked cable at RV pole an it worked!.....so does anyone know where to hook up cable on this RV??? Thank You for any advise!!!
lauralietx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:56 AM   #2
notanlines

I know little about your particular RV, but your problem probably lies in a failure to turn off the signal amplifier. Their is a very small switch located next to the coax connection. The light is green if the amplifier is on and red if it is off. It should be off if you are using cable. It is only to be turned on when the antenna on the roof is being used.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 09:16 PM   #3
lauralietx

Thanks but I did turn that off but there is what they told me a satalite connection in back but it does not work for cable an the only other connection is in the front of rv under awning to wire a TV outside. I still have not figured it out! Lol
lauralietx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 10:00 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

If you have been using the TV with the rooftop antenna, you must first turn off the antenna amplifier (sounds like you did that) then you also must go into the TV menu, select cable (it is on OTA if you're using the antenna) and then do a channel search. The satellite/cable connection on the back of your RV is a dual purpose coax connector. Just under the TV amplifier behind your TV is a second plate with two connections and a jumper between them. If you're using satellite, you would remove the jumper and connect the satellite receiver in/out cables to those two connectors.

Without changing the TV to cable and doing another channel search, you can't view cable or satellite.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 02:47 PM   #5
On the Job

Driver's side, all the way to the rear and now look up. Took me a while to find it too because I was looking low and inside compartments.
On the Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 02:55 PM   #6
LHaven

Don't feel bad. The rocket scientists who built mine placed it behind the license plate.

Tags
2013 keystone hideout, cable, coax, television tv