Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2017, 12:16 PM   #21
sourdough
Site Team

Just a thought on the LP;

You said you filled "the tank" so don't know if you have multiple tanks or not....but if you do, if you turn the tank selector on the regulator too fast it will not switch. It has to be turned SLOWLY from one tank to the other....just a thought.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 04:29 AM   #22
Scimsgirl

Replaced 30 amp fuses. I have heat! Haven't tried the water yet. I filled the tanks but that was three weeks ago. One plug is a bit "rigged" the other should be fine. More so, most info says to fill the water heater too. Pretty sure I know where it is but looks like I will need to figure out how to fill it. There is a metal piece in front of a circular opening that looks like it should move. I'm afraid of breaking it if I mess with it too hard. Couldn't find a funnel last night.
I tried starting the refer with the stove and oven going. No luck. It keeps flashing the LP light after about 30 seconds to a minute.
Scimsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 04:54 AM   #23
chuckster57
Site Team

Try the refer about 10 times before you give up. Next time, take the lower cover off outside and then listen when you turn it on. Let me know if you hear a "clicking".

Filling the water heater is as easy as opening any faucet and letting it run until you get a steady stream of water. There is a bypass valve, either in the convienence center or on the back of the water heater. You need to be sure its set to allow flow.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 06:59 AM   #24
B-O-B'03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimsgirl View Post
Replaced 30 amp fuses. I have heat! Haven't tried the water yet. I filled the tanks but that was three weeks ago. One plug is a bit "rigged" the other should be fine. More so, most info says to fill the water heater too. Pretty sure I know where it is but looks like I will need to figure out how to fill it. There is a metal piece in front of a circular opening that looks like it should move. I'm afraid of breaking it if I mess with it too hard. Couldn't find a funnel last night.
I tried starting the refer with the stove and oven going. No luck. It keeps flashing the LP light after about 30 seconds to a minute.
The single 12 volt battery will not run the furnace for very long and you should be careful to not discharge it too deeply (not sure what type of battery you have... true deep cycle or hybrid/engine start). Also not sure a single 100 watt panel will be enough to recoup post sundown losses... energy management will be fairly essential, with your current setup.

Good luck, there is a great wealth of knowledge here, just waiting to help you

-Brian
Old 09-27-2017, 03:07 PM   #25
MattE303

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Filling the water heater is as easy as opening any faucet and letting it run until you get a steady stream of water. There is a bypass valve, either in the convienence center or on the back of the water heater. You need to be sure its set to allow flow.
apologies if this is stating the obvious, but I would add that the idea here is to do this before you light the hot water heater (or turn on the electric side) because you will burn out the element if it gets hot with no water in it.

2002 Ford F350 7.3 Super Duty XLT 4x4 CC LB SRW -- Pullrite Super 5th 16K
2017 Keystone Carbon 337
2022 Honda CRF-450R
MattE303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 08:01 PM   #26
theeyres

Am I missing something? Amongst all the other issues...a 100 watt solar panel? That's like a 100 watt light bulb. I can't imagine that would start to charge a battery. The converter alone needs more than that to keep going. My guess is your battery is dead and will stay dead unless you get a lot more power to keep things going. A 1000 watt generator will barely keep things charged.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery