Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2019, 04:10 AM   #1
Racebug

wet bolt shackles

I just installed the morryde wet bolt kit on my tory hauler (3 axle). I noticed that the shackles will flip to the down position sometimes when I have them off the ground using the leveling system. I didn't notice this before the wet bolt install. Any ideas? The new shackles are 2-1/4" just like the old ones.

2017 Fuzion 417
2018 Ram 3500 Longhorn
Racebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 05:36 AM   #2
rjrelander

From what I've heard, it might be normal for tandem axle links to randomly flip down when the frame is lifted. It might be that the shackle joints were stiffer before the wet bolts were installed and now they rotate more easily. If they don't flip back to normal when you drop the trailer, I believe you are supposed to jack the axle that is in the correct position so the other link can flip into place.

Randi & Shirley
2016 Ford F-350 SRW CCSB 6.7L 4WD
2022 Forest River Vibe 26RK
rjrelander is offline   Reply With Quote