Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2012, 03:42 AM   #1
murphytm

Bullet 230BHS

Hi All, I found a 2012 Bullet 230BHS at a local dealer. Seems to be a nice unit and has the option packages (thermo, comfort II). I won't be able to see it in person until the weekend. But hopefully I can get some input from the forums. The one question I have: with the slide in (retracted) can you still gain access to the fridge and bathroom?
I would love to hear any additional input (pros and cons) about this model as well.

Many thanks for your time and help!
murphytm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:53 AM   #2
Englishman

You should have between a 1' and 18" of space to get access to the fridge and bathroom.
good luck.
https://thecloudscamping.weebly.com/
Englishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
antiqfreq

Welcome to the forum

and please keep us updated on your possible Keystone purchase !

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:55 AM   #4
theleonards

We have the 230BHS and there is plenty of room to use the camper with the slide in as well. It was one of our buying points too. We can pull over and still have full functionality to cook and eat meals on the road.
theleonards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:48 AM   #5
murphytm

Thanks for the info. I've been a little slow in updating. We did pick up the 230BHS from Flagg RV, about 4 weeks ago. We've been busy getting settled in the new trailer (adding shelving, vent covers, etc.). We took it out on its maiden voyage 2 weeks ago and everything performed as expected. Handled very nice on the road, easier to set up (as compared to the old hybrid) and everything seemed to work. Came home with a list of additional mods: 2nd battery for dry camping, more shelving for storage, better organization of the cargo areas...
murphytm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:02 AM   #6
theleonards

Nice! Ours came from Flaggs also. My husbands cousin works there. I'd like to add a second battery too. We camp at the state parks a lot, Otter River is our favorite and we still fit on some of the sites there. I have my 30 watt solar panel from the Aliner but of course that is no where near enough for the Bullet. I am going to try to swap out the bulbs for LEDs though. We added drawers to the closet next to the dinette. We found some at Target that fit perfect. The lack of drawers was really my main issue for storage. I hadn't thought of vent covers even though I've spent enough time looking at the dirt collecting down there! Congrats on your new camper and hope you enjoy it as much as we are ours!
theleonards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:03 AM   #7
azlee56

I am giggling with your being slow in updating. I think that is why we have RVs, to give us new and exciting things to do....to fix...to dream, and away from the computer. (smiling)
Old 07-20-2012, 08:22 PM   #8
volvosweetie

Yeah and I sometimes have to keep reading the post over and over because my brain goes to sleep and I have to reboot it LOL. I even go out to the camper to actually do something then I can't remember what I was going to do. I think what happens is I start day dreaming about the last time I went camping and forget everything else.

Ab & Pam
2006 Thor Grand Junction
2000 Ford F-450 dually Crew Cab
7.3 Diesel
volvosweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:34 AM   #9
JOEFATIMA

Where is 12 volt button to change TV to cable.

Hi everyone. Picked up my 230BHS Bullet on Saturday and camp overnight at Casini Ranch and Campground. Everything work except could not get good reception on TV. We left on Sunday, leaving our trailer in storage at the campground. Didn't resolve issue. I called dealer and he says there is a switch to change from 12 volt to cable and he believes it is somewhere around TV cabinet. Since I' m two hours away from my trailer location, it would be helpful if someone already knows for sure the location of switch. My grandsons were really disappointed they couldn't see cartoons. I know when I went through (ultra fast) walkthrough the salesman has set up for regular TV. Thank you.

Joe Silveira
JOEFATIMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #10
JOEFATIMA

Bunkbed ladder

I bought a ladder from Campingworld and its far to long. Does anyone have a bunkbed ladder close by that they can measure. Since there is only two sizes, 66 or 60 inch which I think both to long, I was planning to cut back the one (66 inch) to fit.

Thank you,

Joe
JOEFATIMA is offline   Reply With Quote