Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2019, 11:30 AM   #1
bluwtrman

2015 Fuzion 345 slideout popping

Hey guys - After sitting for a couple months under cover and with the slideouts open, I closed everything up and moved the unit outside the carport to wash it. When I reopened the slides a few minutes later, the main slide with the sofa seemed to momentarily bind and then made a significant popping sound and literally shook the camper. It then continued to pop every few seconds as it slowly got back to the fully open position. I'm guessing something with the motor gear/cable drive has partly stripped or broken? Any input is greatly appreciated. I'd also like to hear where exactly the motor is on this model and how best to access it. Thanks in advance!
bluwtrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 06:24 AM   #2
whcarr

Not sure if this applies to your situation but our 2017 371 would shake violently until we had rollers installed under the slides. Keystone was aware of the problem and had the rollers installed.
whcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 06:54 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Have you cleaned and treated the slide seals? Your RV is 4-5 years old and you say that the slides have been extended for a couple of months. It may be that the lower and/or the side slide seals are sticky and causing the slide to shudder. Your slide also needs to be inspected and the slide rams (under the slide if you have that style) or the cable/pulley system (if you have that style) need to be cleaned, lubed and possibly adjusted. Slide rams get dirty and can be the problem, slide cables stretch and can become "misadjusted" which can cause the slide not to be in the center of the opening, slide seals can be torn and bind the slide, you may find a clothes pin (or who knows what) under the slide that's binding the movement.

There are a multitude of "problems" that could be causing your issue. I'd start with a good inspection of the mechanism and the underside (to be sure it's not just something caught under the slide) and go from there.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:04 AM   #4
dunerider

Have Fuzion 331 with cable slides,same problem.adjusted cables and was told to spray Teflon dry lube on under side of slide.teflon spray makes slide work much better.was told it is a bad design and should have rollers.im having rollers installed to hopefully fix problem.
dunerider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuzion, slide, slideout