Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2018, 12:01 PM   #21
NevadaRich

My Can-Am takes up the garage and only leaves me with the size of a door to the kitchen, so it may still be short for the quad..I don't know how wide your quad is but the tires are wider then the body....Tha's a lot of weight also
NevadaRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:15 PM   #22
Peteone

The switch you are referring to on my 427 is for a wi fi antenna called sky ranger and it's located above the bedroom on the driver's side of the roof. If you stand back far enough you can see the antenna. It works with the In Command system to allow it to be connected to the internet through a wifi system thus allowing remote control access to the your In Command system from anywhere.
As far as the jabroni wiring for solar panels I haven't quite figured out where they come out yet and I have looked for then several times before I put it away for the winter.
Peteone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:03 PM   #23
mcaliebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaRich View Post
My Can-Am takes up the garage and only leaves me with the size of a door to the kitchen, so it may still be short for the quad..I don't know how wide your quad is but the tires are wider then the body....Tha's a lot of weight also

My RZR is 120” in length. It should leave me enough run to put in a quad sideways 45”-48”. At least that is the plan...
mcaliebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:17 PM   #24
sgrol

Not a Keystone owner but be careful in your generator-battery hook up. My dealer installed a separate battery for my 5.5kw Onan and only hooked it up to the gen. After two boondock camping trips and generator dying for no reason I discovered that the generator does not have a charging circuit, needs 12v to run and it was running the battery down and dying. House battery gets charged with the converter. So, either hook the gen battery to the house battery to allow for charging or set up a dedicated charger for the gen battery that runs off of 12v when it is available.
Old 12-23-2018, 07:54 AM   #25
TRexx

The switch in the cabinet next to the amplifier is to turn on and off the cellular and wifi boost and it's also a internet router itself. When in use it will boost a signal if you have poor cell signal and also boost the signal from the camp wifi. It location should be on the roof right above where the switch is.

Solar prep: Depending on the year your solor prep is on the roof.

Hope this helps
I have a 2019 Fuzion 419
TRexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 08:03 AM   #26
mcaliebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRexx View Post
The switch in the cabinet next to the amplifier is to turn on and off the cellular and wifi boost and it's also a internet router itself. When in use it will boost a signal if you have poor cell signal and also boost the signal from the camp wifi. It location should be on the roof right above where the switch is.

Solar prep: Depending on the year your solor prep is on the roof.

Hope this helps

I have a 2019 Fuzion 419

Thanks. Yes, finally figured out the WiFi and LTE booster. We had no documentation at all on this so we still need to try to get the access info for it.

On the solar prep, I found the connection for the panels on the roof but do you have any idea where the wires terminate? I'm told that there are no controllers and that the solar needs to be completed to be integrated into the system.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:16 AM   #27
TRexx

I was told they were already wired into the system. The only place it would make sense to terminate is behind the kitchen sink where the inverter is and fuses. It's also where the in-command is mounted. I would think it would be there. Unfortunately Keystone is no help with the technical stuff like this when you call. I'm going to take a trip to the factory one day soon so I can see the inner workings before they assemble.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:22 AM   #28
mcaliebe

Quote:
I was told they were already wired into the system. The only place it would make sense to terminate is behind the kitchen sink where the inverter is and fuses. It's also where the in-command is mounted. I would think it would be there. Unfortunately Keystone is no help with the technical stuff like this when you call. I'm going to take a trip to the factory one day soon so I can see the inner workings before they assemble.

I know. Service is ridiculous. I bought mine last month on the 26th. It was delivered with multiple issues-so much for delivery inspections.

I finally got the dealer to pick it up for repairs and to date, only one item has been addressed by Keystone. I'm ready to ask for my money back or file a lemon law claim.

A brand new unit and I'll be making the first payment before I ever consider getting to use it.
Old 12-23-2018, 09:30 AM   #29
TRexx

If you dont mind me asking, what kind of issues have you had?
Old 12-23-2018, 10:37 AM   #30
mcaliebe

Quote:
If you dont mind me asking, what kind of issues have you had?

Well...

Main door steps won't latch
Paint damage on nose of trailer
Left rear corner molding damaged
Exterior main storage door won't latch. Opens when locked
Garage Bed slide rail bent
Master Bedroom lower wardrobe drawer face damaged
Screen and molding damage on sofa slider window
Electrical box and wires hanging in left rear corner of garage.
Heater won't stay running
Door leaking at pass through. Water in storage. Wood getting wet.
Bare wire hanging in battery box
Generator wasn't wanting to keep running. Primer issue?
Generator hour meter jumped from 1.2 hours to 101
No indication on where solar prep terminated
No documentation on WiFi LTE passwords or connection.
Old 12-23-2018, 12:10 PM   #31
TRexx

Omg, I thought I was crazy, my generator did the same thing, wow lol
Some of those things should have been fixed from the dealer before they shipped it to you. To be honest, the whole industry has the same bill**** issues in new coaches. Its really not a lemon issue, they just dont have the same regulations as the car industry. It also seems some of that stuff may have happen after it left quality control. Dont waste a lot of your time with keystone or the dealer if you can fix the stuff yourself and keep it moving. Major stuff definitely get them involved.
Old 12-23-2018, 12:17 PM   #32
mcaliebe

New Fuzion 419 Owner- questions

Yeah, well after dropping $75k on this thing, I developed some minimal expectation from both the dealer and Keystone.

FYI the lemon law does apply to RVs. 30 days out of service and I could apply it.

At this point, I'm only asking for the repairs and compensation of my payments until I get the unit back.

If I had the unit and these issues developed over time, I wouldn't be as aggrevated but I basically paid them up front for a unit I might not see for months.
Old 12-23-2018, 12:20 PM   #33
mcaliebe

This dealer has been a joke to work with. They even left the incoming inspection report (which detailed the same problems I found and yet they ignored them), as well as their invoice in the trailer paperwork.
Old 12-23-2018, 03:04 PM   #34
travelin texans

This is why everyone on this forum, & every other forum, say DO NOT sign ANY paperwork on a new rv UNTIL it's 100% to YOUR satisfaction, make a list that's to be completed in a timely manner BEFORE you sign ANYTHING. Once you've signed on the bottom line they've already forgotten your name & your new rv just got parked back there on the waiting lot with everyone else's.
I'd be at the dealerships GMs office with the service manager present tomorrow morning & VERY plainly explaining what/when/how it will be repaired & if no satisfaction in their parking lot by afternoon offering free advertising about them to everyone coming in.
From then on DOCUMENT everything, do not call, email so you have everything in writing, DO NOT take their word for anything, have it in writing.
As for the lemon law, or for that matter hiring a lawyer, your rv plans are now delayed by a couple years.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 03:17 PM   #35
mcaliebe

Unfortunately for me, I came to the forums after I bought.

I have been emailing the whole time so I have documentation. I'll just have to keep pressing. It's a Camping World dealership so I'll be contacting their Corporate offices next week. Not sure if Keystone will care one way or another.
Old 12-23-2018, 04:07 PM   #36
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcaliebe View Post
Unfortunately for me, I came to the forums after I bought.

I have been emailing the whole time so I have documentation. I'll just have to keep pressing. It's a Camping World dealership so I'll be contacting their Corporate offices next week. Not sure if Keystone will care one way or another.

Sounds like you've had quite a few issues and that's unfortunate. I would say that invoking the lemon law would not only probably prove impossible but also put your RV out of use for an extended period as everyone squabbles about litigation.

You said the rv was delivered. How and where? At what stage of the purchase? Did you purchase the unit sight unseen or go through it with the dealership and accept it as it sat? Many of the things you've listed should have been found on the dealership pdi or your own inspection. Did those occur?

I don't remember from all the posts but exactly how long have you had the unit? Some things, if you let them ride, will automatically become non issues because you failed to either point them out or follow up on them.

Your DEALER is THE primary point of contact for the repairs and maintenance of your trailer for warranty work. Trying to work through Keystone without the dealer is like trying to fly without wings - very difficult if not impossible.

It is incumbent on the dealer to deliver the rv to you in as perfect a shape as it can be after a thorough inspection prior to delivery. It is incumbent on every purchaser to go through the entire trailer to verify that the dealer did what they should - if not, bad things tend to happen.

In your situation the dealer is the key sounds like. In some cases the dealership just doesn't want to do a good job. In that instance you, as the owner, MUST push the issue; they certainly won't for you. As I've said many times, phone calls won't work when things are going the wrong way. You MUST be in front of them. You have to push your point....professionally. If they have not performed an acceptable job don't deal with a "service advisor", start at the service manager, and if applicable, take him with you to the GM. I've dealt with several CWs and have not had issues..with the exception of my first dealing. Be realistic but give them your expectations of the repair, when you need it back etc. Be able to recite down time, conversations etc. IMO you need to work with the dealership. Your list didn't include anything critical that I could see....just irritating. That is a dealership issue. If they will not repair it in a timely manner then you need to escalate and CW definitely has an escalation channel. At this point in time it seems to me that you need to put more "personal" effort into getting the dealership in line.

Remember, it appears that you signed off on this unit and took possession indicating you were good with it. If so, that was a mistake. Now you have to take the time to rectify it....and I think you can but it IS irritating. Never qualify for a "lemon law", but irritating. Plus it emphasizes how important it is to actually go through a unit and check it out before just taking it away. Good luck.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 05:01 PM   #37
mcaliebe

I clearly have an uphill battle. I'll just have to be diligent.
Old 12-23-2018, 05:45 PM   #38
sourdough
Site Team

Not only diligent but persistent and maximize the value of your contacts. Face to face at a dealership level nearly always gets results...emails don't and won't. Press on, document and good luck. Please keep us in the loop.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 02:57 AM   #39
notanlines

Mcaliebe, I'll refrain from the usual butt-chewing in that Danny and Danny have done that for me. First, you might keep the Texas lemon law in the back of your mind, but definitely way on the back burner. Yes, the RV is subject to Texas' lemon law, but it is very, very difficult to pull off. Second, don't even give a second thought to CW or Keystone reimbursing you for your RV payments when the unit is being repaired. Ain't gonna happen. Third, pay attention to what the Dannys said about up close and personal with the GM and SM. You will gain very little by contacting Keystone. At a risk of being repetitious, document everything, including every conversation with the managers and hold their feet to the fire with the repairs and the time frame. And keep us up on your progress.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuzion