Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2020, 11:55 AM   #1
Cannonball

Impact 3219 - shower to black

I have an Impact 3219, which has 108g fresh and 44 gray and 44 black. They plumbed the toilet, kitchen sink, and shower to the black. What am i supposed to do with the other 60 gals of freshwater? Pee and shower in the bathroom sink once my black tank is full. Dealer said that Keystone says this is normal.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 12:34 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

So your saying you only have 2 waste tanks for a total of 44 gallons?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 12:38 PM   #3
Cannonball

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
So your saying you only have 2 waste tanks for a total of 44 gallons?
No the black tank is 44 gals, but since the shower, kitchen sink, and toilet are all plumbed to it, it fills up quick.

My gray tank is 44 gals as well but only the bathroom sink is connected to it.

So i end up with a full black tank, and half of my fresh tank left with no where for it to go.

I have an email from Keystone saying that the shower is supposed to drain to gray but they denied the claim saying to fix saying no defect presented.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 12:43 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

If you have documentation from Keystone that your units shower is supposed to drain to the gray and it’s plumbed you the black, I would be sending copies back to keystone via registered/certified mail asking for repair if it’s still under warranty.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 01:46 PM   #5
ChuckS

I’d bet you have dual 44 gallon grey water tanks.. their spec sheet on Keystone website shows 1 but it’s just not fathomable to me. I’ll bet if you look behind one of the tires or under carriage there will be another pull handle for an additional 44 gallon tank

The bathroom sink should be the only thing that is plumbed into black tank besides toilet. I’ve seen several that had to argue and get the plumbing corrected

Work with Keystone customer relations and hopefully they will work with you to correct the issue

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote