Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2019, 08:11 AM   #1
Jimore

Mounting TV in Bedroom

I'm in a 5ver 2017 26rls and there's a designated wall in the bedroom to put a TV mount. Can anyone tell me what hardware I should use to mount the bracket?
Thanks,
Jimore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 09:33 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The ONLY part of any "optional TV mount area" in a Keystone RV is a "plate in the wall" (wood or metal) into which to attach the mounting screws... Usually, but not always, there is a coax outlet and a 120 VAC power plug adjacent to that area.

Anything else that you'd need is "up to you" and should be chosen based on the size of the TV you want to mount, the functional features you want from the mount and the physical size/weight of the mount (will it fit and do what I want it to do).

Most prefer (I think) that a mount which permits easy removal of the TV for travel and possibly to use in another location is a large part of the decision of which mount to use.

If you already have TV mounts in your RV, you might consider how they work and whether installing that type would allow "interchangeability" of the TV from one mounting location to another.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 08:27 AM   #3
bsmith0404

Typically the outside wall is a metal plate welded to the aluminum studs. Internal walls have a wood plate stapled to the studs. I recommend an RV TV mount with a travel lock. As already mentioned, hardware you use depends on the weight of the TV installed
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 10:58 AM   #4
Jimore

Thanks a lot for the information. It's about what I thought. My question now is where exactly is the wood or metal (behind the wall) into which I could screw the bracket?
Also, I was hoping to able to drive with the TV mounted in place. If I need to take it down there's no difference from what I'm doing now.
Jim
Old 01-23-2020, 03:21 PM   #5
JGEORGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimore View Post
Thanks a lot for the information. It's about what I thought. My question now is where exactly is the wood or metal (behind the wall) into which I could screw the bracket?
Also, I was hoping to able to drive with the TV mounted in place. If I need to take it down there's no difference from what I'm doing now.
Jim
You should be able to tell by just knocking on the wall. They give pretty easy if there is nothing there, will feel a lot more solid where the wood is added for your tv mount. I used to take mine down to travel, but then decided one day it would be fine leaving up, never had a problem using 24" tv and a non extending mount.
JGEORGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 04:50 AM   #6
Jimore

Thanks Jgeorge

That’s what I was hoping to hear.
I’ll try that for sure and when I do I’ll be leaving the TV mounted all the time

Tags
bed, bedroom, mount