Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2010, 12:08 PM   #1
Frances and DeLane

Mountaineer Decals

Hi,
We have a a 2007 Mounaineer and the decals are beginning to curl up on the edges. Can we stop this?
Thanks for any help.
Frances and DeLane
Frances and DeLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:53 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

There were previous problems regarding peeling decals but haven't heard of any issues on recent models. It is my understanding that Keystone addressed this problem by switching to a different brand or manufacturer. We had one decal with a very slight curl - perhaps about 1/2 inch. Cut that portion off and it hasn't progressed beyond that. It was just a sliver anyway and you would never notice that a tiny piece has been trimmed.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:36 AM   #3
yesireeitsme

Mountaineer Decals

Hi All,

We recently moved our 2008 Mountaineer 345DBQ out of winter storage in preparation of the new camping season. To our surprise we found the decals on the front cap were all peeling off. We looked around our storage yard at the other Mountaineers with the same decals and all of them are suffering some degree of peeling as well.

We haven't researched our warranty yet to see what may or may not be covered, but we have advised our dealer of the issue. They are currently looking into our problem.

If any of you have any info that you would like to pass on, we'd be happy to have it.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:18 AM   #4
civilpepls

I have a 2009 Mountaineer 23PRD. The front decals were starting to peel at the dealership. We had them replace them during the end of 2009. The replacement Mountaineer decal is already peeling again! The sides and rear look like new, but the front decal looks horrible.

We love our trailer. The bunkhouse design is awesome giving our kids their own room, but this decal issue is ridiculous. We will be contacting the dealership again to see if this issue can be avoided.
civilpepls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #5
hankpage
Site Team

I have had the same problem with my last two trailers. One was a Layton and the other my present Cougar. On a hot day (or with a heat gun) they peel right off. I think that the name across the front is the best advertising a manufacturer can have. If their not interested ... off it comes. So, if you see a 5er with a big white nose .... it could be me.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:48 AM   #6
floydsheating

Talking no peeling but cracking...

on the door on my new summerland 2520 rd one decal near the door deve;oped a crack in it and we fixed it with some paint of the same color and now you cant even tell it was there in the first place but if i had one curl up i would just glue it back down to the trailer with gorilla glue it wont curl back up again!
floydsheating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:07 PM   #7
actonguy

Decal Problems

Some of you may know this already. In case you want to call the decal mfg., they are made for Keystone by Burlington Graphics. A direct call may answer some of your technical questions.

www.burlingtongraphics.com
actonguy is offline   Reply With Quote