Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2017, 08:36 PM   #41
the sodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbrown View Post
Another non-objective assumption that goes to print in this forum. Good grief...
You beat me to it. Saying that 99% of all WDH in cg's are not set up correctly...That's a pretty strong statement to make in my opinion. Really? 1 out of 100 is correct? Vegas wouldn't take those odds. I guess we know who's WDH is right...
Old 08-31-2017, 09:27 PM   #42
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sodfather View Post
You beat me to it. Saying that 99% of all WDH in cg's are not set up correctly...That's a pretty strong statement to make in my opinion. Really? 1 out of 100 is correct? Vegas wouldn't take those odds. I guess we know who's WDH is right...
GENTLEMEN !!! This has NOTHING to do with the original poster's question. Please, stay on topic or refrain from commenting !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 12:56 PM   #43
Dave W

I'm guessing this was without sway control plus a driver who was clueless on how to own, set up and drive a TT. The trucker was doing about 65:
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 01:37 PM   #44
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
I'm guessing this was without sway control plus a driver who was clueless on how to own, set up and drive a TT. The trucker was doing about 65
Dave W,

The link you posted is the same link previously posted in response #22 in this thread. It's "old information" and previously addressed.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 02:49 PM   #45
Dave W

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Dave W,

The link you posted is the same link previously posted in response #22 in this thread. It's "old information" and previously addressed.
Must have missed that post. Delete mine then as redundant - sorry. It wont happen until the next time
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 04:38 PM   #46
Drydays

sway control

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32feetoffun View Post
Sway is a reality for any bumper pull. I have a Ford E350 V10 and pull a 32 Ft Sprinter Bunkhouse. I have been in an out of control sway accident and will not tow without proper WD and sway control. For me, sway is not an option, so I've chosen to pull with a Hensley Arrow. Sway isn't just controlled, it's eliminated. There's a couple options besides Hensley, pullrite makes a bumper pull trailer hitch, and propride makes a good one too. There might be others. For me, the safety of my family far out weighs the price tag on the Hensley.

Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yep! that is true!
Drydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 08:22 AM   #47
bapp1236

I still had some sway with a Propride finally got it solved

I have an Airstream 30 Classic and for a while had a Propride. It actually towed worse with the PP than with Dual Cam i originally had. I fiddled with the hitch for 8 months before going back to the Dual Cam. I gave the PP to a friend of mine who has a 2016 308BHS and he had the same problem. We finally tracked it down to the slack in the 2" receiver. The problem was solved by welding on the top of the front and the bottom at the rear and grinding it flat to take up the slack. We also replaced the hitch pin with a 5/8 grade 8 bolt and tightened it up with the breaker bar that comes with the hitch. This took the slack out and made the trailer tow great. Here are a couple of pictures of the modifications.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	14034   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	764.4 KB
ID:	14035  
bapp1236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:02 AM   #48
Dball

Bapp1236 I live in Lexington also. I'd love to see both those hitches and talk with you sometime you are free and pick your brain on these things.
Dball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 07:08 AM   #49
bapp1236

any time, just let me know. Im home most weekends.
bapp1236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 03:10 PM   #50
Dball

A small update for anyone reading this in the future, I will be buying a hitch. Took it out on the interstate this weekend and you can definitely tell a difference with the trailer behind this truck. The truck handled it well, but it could have been better. The winds were slight to moderate and truck traffic was minimal. You could feel the truck "wandering around" in my lane and I seemed to always be making small adjustments to keep the truck where I wanted it.

I will make an update after installing a hitch.......maybe this winter.
Dball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 05:09 PM   #51
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dball View Post
A small update for anyone reading this in the future, I will be buying a hitch. Took it out on the interstate this weekend and you can definitely tell a difference with the trailer behind this truck. The truck handled it well, but it could have been better. The winds were slight to moderate and truck traffic was minimal. You could feel the truck "wandering around" in my lane and I seemed to always be making small adjustments to keep the truck where I wanted it.

I will make an update after installing a hitch.......maybe this winter.

Thanks for the update.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
sway control