Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > Forum Admin, News & Member Account Info
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2017, 04:10 PM   #1
Janet H
Site Team

Photobucket images - not for forum use

Recently the image hosting service Photobucket changed their terms of use for account holders and no longer allow embedded images to be displayed on forums. As a result the forum had many threads lose their photo documentation.

Moving forward we will disallow links to Photobucket and ask that you store your images with the posted text that they were intended to augment, here on the forum.

Forum members can store images posts and threads using the attachment option found in the advanced reply editor or in photo albums set up in individual profiles. There is no cost to store images here and this will ensure that your content is not diminished by an image hosting service changing their minds about how your content is handled. Thanks for understanding.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:08 AM   #2
xcntrk

Thanks for the information Janet. I had posted a thread about the recent PB debacle which continues to make headlines across the web.

Are images stored here on this forum, intended for linking and use ONLY on this forum?

xcntrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:52 AM   #3
Rolling Along
Gone Traveling

Photobucket still works on other forums. I just tried it after being rejected here.
Rolling Along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:24 AM   #4
earlzach

I had to use Taptalk, No photobucket success for me.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:58 AM   #5
Hodgy

Keep in mind there will be a limit as to how many photos you will be able to store under photos & albums on this forum, just like others. On my generator forum you are allowed 50 and on my two Goldwing forums you are allowed 75.

After you reach the limit you won't be able to upload any more photos. If you delete a photo from your album it will disappear from the post that you included it in.

That is my experience with storing photos on forums. Janet H, if it is going to be different on the Keystone Forum you can advise.

2016 Bullet 1800RB, UVW 3260, led by a 2005 Chev Silverado Z-71 1500, Crew Cab, 5.3L, 4WD, Tow & Off Road Package with 4.10 Rear Axle, GVR 7000 lbs, Front GWAR 3925 lbs & Rear GWAR 4000 lbs., Payload 1600 lbs., Hellwig 6012 Air Bags. 97' Honda Goldwing GL1500.
Home Base is the Alberta Foothills at 4300 ' ASL.
Hodgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 07:01 AM   #6
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlzach View Post
I had to use Taptalk, No photobucket success for me.
Tapatalk works well for me. I am very rarely on the website unless there is moderator business to be done.

Please don't make me get on the website....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 10:37 AM   #7
Janet H
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgy View Post

Keep in mind there will be a limit as to how many photos you will be able to store under photos & albums on this forum, just like others. On my generator forum you are allowed 50 and on my two Goldwing forums you are allowed 75.

After you reach the limit you won't be able to upload any more photos. If you delete a photo from your album it will disappear from the post that you included it in.

That is my experience with storing photos on forums. Janet H, if it is going to be different on the Keystone Forum you can advise.

Storage space for images loaded to posts is unlimited here - images are really helpful to others and server space is cheap. Individual image sizes are somewhat limited to make sure that overly large images don't slow page loads for folks on lean data connections but the total amount of space to store images for posts is unlimited.

There are some limits in place for albums but if we find that folks need more space we can adjust. The reason for some limits in the albums section of the forum is that image uploads aren't really monitored there and there is some potential for spammers to abuse this.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:57 PM   #8
Rolling Along
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling Along View Post
Photobucket still works on other forums. I just tried it after being rejected here.
Well, NOT anymore! Photobucket is no more for me so will need to find another place.
Rolling Along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:30 PM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling Along View Post
Well, NOT anymore! Photobucket is no more for me so will need to find another place.
The problem with "finding another place" to post pictures that are viewed on this forum is the same as the problem we faced when Photobucket decided to "dump all our pictures". We now have a number of posts with photos that help illustrate a point or that guide people through a specific process (like accomplishing a modification) and now, all those posts are "blind" with no pictures to help clarify the post.

You know the old motto, "A picture is worth a thousand words"....

Anyway, if you're going to post a photo on this forum, please just post it here, not "link it to some other photo service"... That way, if "that other place" decides to not play fair, we don't lose access to those pictures that were linked to our threads.

Thanks in advance for not using "other people's sites" we can manage our own right here without losing them when they "start charging for their space"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote