Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Freeways & Byways
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
azlee56

my very first long trip!

In June the BF and I are driving from Tucson to Andrews TX for a family get together and taking the rig. This will be the first time we took it further then 3 hours away, so I am excited. I am also excited that is all flat driving (LOL). We plan on staying at the Elks lodge in Las Cruces one night and then drive on into Andrews.

I am going to do some of the driving. gasp. lol. When I was younger I pulled horses and towed cars on dollies, a playhouse on a flatbed but that has been awhile. I figure I better get the feel of it so if there ever was an emergency I would know how to get it somewhere.

I am anxious to do this. We go out every month during the winter and will take it out during the summer too.

Any of you stay at the Elks lodge there?
azlee56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
Englishman

you will be fine. Have great first long trip. Our first trip with the new camper and trailer was out 8 hours and it turn out fine.
https://thecloudscamping.weebly.com/
Englishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:27 AM   #3
azlee56

He chuckles at me and says, you won't even know it is there. The old fifth wheel reminded me of the movement when horses stomp, and I would look in the mirror to see what was going on.
azlee56 is offline   Reply With Quote