Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2018, 04:45 PM   #41
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling Along View Post
Oh,oh! No reading comprehension skills. You couldn’t understand to answer the questions so you didn’t even answer the first question. The sticker on the door post... what does it say exactly? What does it mean? That is the one required by law, They can say anything elsewhere, even pull a space shuttle. Until you answer question number one I suggest you use some type deodorant because your gas is foul.

You are getting tiresome. Your questions are meaningless and pointless...except to you I guess.

What does the sticker on the door say? What do you think it says? It specifies your exact GAWR/GVWR. What do you want? Someone to read it to you so you can comprehend it? Do you want it to mean something else? What does GROSS axle weight mean? I know it's tough but it means the TOTAL weight whether axle or vehicle. That's it. Not hard to read, not hard to understand for most. And yes, the yellow sticker says the payload "should never exceed X". Political or not that is what it says.

I'll use a phrase you have used repeatedly; your posts have the smell of foul gas and you need to try some deodorant yourself.....and refrain from the disparaging remarks to everyone. And, I'm doing my best to be nice....

Note: Hey, where's my poking stick? Someone was using it and I can't find it now!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 04:48 PM   #42
Hodgy

2016 Bullet 1800RB, UVW 3260, led by a 2005 Chev Silverado Z-71 1500, Crew Cab, 5.3L, 4WD, Tow & Off Road Package with 4.10 Rear Axle, GVR 7000 lbs, Front GWAR 3925 lbs & Rear GWAR 4000 lbs., Payload 1600 lbs., Hellwig 6012 Air Bags. 97' Honda Goldwing GL1500.
Home Base is the Alberta Foothills at 4300 ' ASL.
Hodgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:03 PM   #43
Pull Toy

Where's "Big Foot" when we need him?
THE FIRST ULTIMATE "OVERBUILD" !?!

More butter on my next bucket, please.

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:05 PM   #44
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgy View Post

OK guys. What brand of popcorn are you using? DW had Act II but I'm looking for something a little more flavorful....Orville Redenbacher or ??
Old 02-13-2018, 05:10 PM   #45
Pull Toy

Good Old "NEW ENGLAND KETTLE CORN"!

Is there anything else?

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:19 PM   #46
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull Toy View Post
Good Old "NEW ENGLAND KETTLE CORN"!

Is there anything else?
I'll go with fresh roasted peanuts

Javi
Old 02-13-2018, 05:22 PM   #47
madmaxmutt

They get us coming and going. Sales tax, property tax, owner's tax, income tax and now we have a rain tax, although they refuse to call it that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:25 PM   #48
notanlines

https://popcornpopperhub.com/tips/wh...el-taste-test/
Orville Redenbacher is still our brand of choice, but Act II will also do. We received a jar of Savannah Gold from DIL for some holiday, but couldn't tell any difference.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:28 PM   #49
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
They get us coming and going. Sales tax, property tax, owner's tax, income tax and now we have a rain tax, although they refuse to call it that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
When we lived in Denver in the early 70's, Cinderella City flooded during a bad rain storm. The city "designers" decided to do a major reconstruction of the flood control system. No money to pay for it, so they did a "no vote assessment" of 15 mils on every home in the city. No millage on commercial property, just residential property.... That's when we decided that Denver wasn't where we wanted to settle permanently. We still own property near Steamboat Lake, so we're "tied to the tax system" somewhat, but nothing like those who live, work and donate their earnings to support the "thinkers and designers" in Denver......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:33 PM   #50
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
When we lived in Denver in the early 70's, Cinderella City flooded during a bad rain storm. The city "designers" decided to do a major reconstruction of the flood control system. No money to pay for it, so they did a "no vote assessment" of 15 mils on every home in the city. No millage on commercial property, just residential property.... That's when we decided that Denver wasn't where we wanted to settle permanently. We still own property near Steamboat Lake, so we're "tied to the tax system" somewhat, but nothing like those who live, work and donate their earnings to support the "thinkers and designers" in Denver......
We were living up on Green Mountain when that happened.

Javi
Old 02-13-2018, 05:35 PM   #51
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
I'll go with fresh roasted peanuts

Javi

Now THAT'S an idea! We live in farming country and my good friend (neighbor)farms many sections. He always raises peanuts and every year at harvest time they always have overflow/spillage when transferring the peanuts. He brings me large boxes of fresh green peanuts; he raises Spanish and Virginia, I told him to just save me a lot of Virginia's (large). We roast them primarily for use in most everything, tried roasting various ways to get them salted and boil them and give away lots. We missed harvesting season because we were here in FL this year....downside.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:35 PM   #52
CWSWine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
I am a little confused, usually if you rear end someone you are 100% at fault! Unless you can prove that the other driver pulled directly in front of you and slammed on the brakes!
Why was the case in court anyway? Other than the serious injury to the other driver.
Policy limits of 250,000 and he over 500,000 in medical expense and he was a delivery driver and lost his job. Plus the guy was over 40 years old and had to start over. All about money and damages since they guy that hit him owned a construction company but I suppose if he was broke it won't have been a issue. .
2016 GMC Denila 1 ton Diesel CC 3722
2017 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R
Montana 3711FL Front Living Room 5er
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:31 PM   #53
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
Policy limits of 250,000 and he over 500,000 in medical expense and he was a delivery driver and lost his job. Plus the guy was over 40 years old and had to start over. All about money and damages since they guy that hit him owned a construction company but I suppose if he was broke it won't have been a issue. .
So what I forgot to ask also, 40% was tires, 40% was speed, what was the other 20%?
Lost also was the driver that got hit the delivery driver, and lost job due to injury’s , and construction company owner was the driver of the lifted truck?
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 05:22 AM   #54
Rolling Along
Gone Traveling

I asked a few legitimate questions thinking if I could get an answer which would lead to an intelligent discussion but atlas, such was not to be. It very quick became obvious, facts be damned. If facts mean absolutely nothing then I am out of here. Good day.
Rolling Along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 05:43 AM   #55
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
I asked a few legitimate questions thinking if I could get an answer which would lead to an intelligent discussion but atlas, such was not to be. It very quick became obvious, facts be damned. If facts mean absolutely nothing then I am out of here. Good day.
Sorry to see you go.* I work all day at a children's hospital saving lives, so that took precedence.* If you are out of here, sorry to see you go so quickly.* An intelligent answer will be posted shortly.* If you're still here, great.* If you are not, well, that sucks but is what it is. You'll miss the answer.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 05:44 AM   #56
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
It's not the "facts" nearly as much as the "personal insults" that shut down your "intelligent discussion"..... Atlas had nothing to do with it.....

Have a wunnerful wed-nes-day......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 06:35 AM   #57
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

There are a couple questions I would like to ask those who say the door tag is a legal weight limit. Let me check your reading comprehension.*

1. What is the exact wording and what does that wording mean?
It specifically states on the Tire and Loading sticker that "the combined weight of occupants and cargo should never exceed:* posted weight, different for each vehicle"* In this case 1151 pounds.* Should never is the key wording stating that for safety, this is the maximum.* It does not say may not, which would be much stricter language.* It does give some leave way to the owner to be at or below the limit, or not.* However, the manufacturer is only guaranteeing so to speak up to the posted limit.* If the owner exceeds this, then it is on them.* The vehicle confirmation sticker also gives other important weight considerations that must also be taken into consideration.* This is as the truck was when it left the factory with the standard tires for the vehicle.**
2. The sticker states a certain tire and air pressure yet the vehicle comes from the factory with a different size tire then stated on the sticker.
A. Is it legal?
**Yes, it is.* the sticker also says to see owners manual for additional information.* *The manual states:* "The Tire and Loading Information Label also shows the size of the original equipment tires and cold tire inflation pressures.* After market tires will not be reflected on the sticker, of course.* It is the owners prerogative*to change them, but also to be responsible for the change, good or bad.**
B. Why or why not?**Because the owner is an individual operating under free will.* He can do this.* However, doing so, operating under free will, does not exclude him from responsibility for his choices.* More of a philosophical statement than legal, which is where your questions are focused, but valid none the same.* The owner has the right to change things up, in accordance with legal limits within the state he resides or operates his vehicle.* He also has community responsibility to the others that he interacts with on the roads.* Thus, he/she is responsible to operate the vehicle safely, in a safe manner, and to cause no harm.* If harm happens, he is legally bound to remedy it based on his choices.* Whew, long answer.**
3. A farmer buys a ‘17 F150 and while loading a big round bale the grabber drops the bale and crushes the cab. The dealer wants a outrageous price for a new cab so the farmer goes to a local junk yard and finds a ‘17 F250/350 cab which is the same for a fraction of the cost the dealer wanted for a new one. He mounts it on his F150 chassis but doesn’t like the color so he paints the cab to the color of the fenders and bed of the F150.*
A. Can he legally drive that vehicle as the sticker color doesn’t match the actual color?**Yep, why not?* He is not bound for life to keep the same color.* Now, someone may ask him why his colors may not match and he would be obligated to explain that, especially in a sale.* He would have to explain why his "new" used sticker does not match the F150 it is attached to.* Honesty would dictate the best policy.**
B. Can he legally drive the vehicle because the engine code nor transmission code doesn’t match the engine or transmission?**Yes, but again, he needs to be able to explain the differences and why they are so.* There may be need to state this through titling it again, but that is for someone else to chime in on.* It depends on the laws of the state it is registered in and what they require.* If they require an accurate title, then yes he could only legally drive it under the dictates of those laws and regulations.**
C. Can he legally drive the vehicle because the axle code doesn’t match the axle?**See 3b above, same answer.
D. Can he legally drive the vehicle because of the GVWR?***See 3b above, same answer.*

Again what is the exact wording of the sticker and what does that wording mean?**See 1. above.* It says should not, not may not.* The choice is the owners.* It does not mean that what ever the owner chooses is okay.* It does not mean that the owners choice makes it all good.* It means that it should not in accord to the laws of the state that registers the vehicle.* Now, that is for legal, haul your a$$ off to jail legal.* You would still be libel for your choices in a civil court and possibly a criminal court if you cause harm or death.* Those points were made above.**

Here, I'll share my popcorn, extra salt and butter.* I'm not in this for my health!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 06:39 AM   #58
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
It's not the "facts" nearly as much as the "personal insults" that shut down your "intelligent discussion"..... Atlas had nothing to do with it.....

Have a wunnerful wed-nes-day......
For those really interested.... here is the "book" from Texas... pages 2.3 thru 2.5 covers most of it.. the rest is scattered within.. see attachment

https://www.txdmv.gov/motorists for more go to link and scan down right side to motorist toolbox and select Registration Manual...

For what it's worth... My dually can be registered anywhere between 9600 lbs and 14,000 lbs... and I can change it at any point by going through the required process.. my title says TRUCK

Second attachment is the current fees...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Motor_Vehicle_Registration_Manual_Book_section 2.pdf (6.8 KB, 131 views)
File Type: pdf FeeChart_1C.pdf (17.4 KB, 345 views)
Old 02-14-2018, 06:43 AM   #59
CWSWine

Also it says on the sticker to "See Owner Manual" and my owner manual states "Addition of trailer tongue (trailer king pin for 5th-wheel towing) load weight and weight of passengers and cargo must not cause vehicle weights to exceed rear GAWR or GVWR" Seems straight forward to me.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:16 AM   #60
CWSWine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
So what I forgot to ask also, 40% was tires, 40% was speed, what was the other 20%?
Lost also was the driver that got hit the delivery driver, and lost job due to injury’s , and construction company owner was the driver of the lifted truck?
The jury couldn't come to a consensus on the last 20% and we told it most cases don't add up to 100%. The worksheet we use is part of the trial paperwork but the judge only gives the percentage of fault in the courtroom. If the lawyers want the break down they have to request copies through the court.
Yes, the driver of the lifted truck was at fault and owned the contruction company. My point was is it doesn't have to be illegal to be used in civil court for a cause of an accident.
Another Hint - When you buy tires read the disclaimer on the bottom because the one he signed stated that if the tires were not OEM size tires he took all the responsibility for the suitability of tires for street use. CYA

My best advice is doint everything can to say out civil court....

Tags
tow, towing