Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2017, 02:40 PM   #21
sourdough
Site Team

That's a cute pup Vern. Y'all are going to have lots of fun with him. We were talking today about our dog and the fact that she makes us laugh and smile more every day than we ever did before we got her. Congrats again.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 04:08 PM   #22
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Awesome dog! He's certainly a keeper!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 05:36 PM   #23
xrated

Thanks everyone. He's only been here for 48 hours and he is adapting pretty well to our house. He's doing very good with his potty training, especially for being in a totally new environment. He's also learning what NO means. He's so damn cute that it just melts my heart, but we also are going to have to stick with what is OK behavior and what's not. He made me bust out laughing this evening. Peg bought a tent bed for him and it's in our living room next to the fireplace. So this evening, he was laying on the floor chewing on his chew bone while we ate supper and watched the evening news.....perfectly content. Then, all of a sudden, he decided he was going to run into his little "man-cave" dog bed. With the chew bone in his mouth, he took off at a run right into the cave. In fact, he ran in so fast that his momentum carried him all the way to the wall behind it......Thud. We both busted out laughing and he turned around and walked out with a look on his face like......What?
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 05:55 PM   #24
Tbos

Sounds like he’s adjusting well.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 06:23 PM   #25
sourdough
Site Team

When puppy first came to us she was a baby. As she progressed we always bought her toys to let her "chew" on stuff. We did that from day 1 and she has never offered to bite/chew anything other than what we tell her she can have. Now, she has countless toys and we spend more money on "stuff" for her than we ever dreamed of spending on the kids back when......
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 03:29 AM   #26
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbos View Post
Sounds like he’s adjusting well.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW
Yea, I'm pretty amazed at how well he's doing. I've never seen or had a dog that wants to be with their people as much as this breed does. They are just lippin full of affection. It's going to be so much fun having him here, which will offset the work involved in training him.

Old 12-28-2017, 03:38 AM   #27
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
When puppy first came to us she was a baby. As she progressed we always bought her toys to let her "chew" on stuff. We did that from day 1 and she has never offered to bite/chew anything other than what we tell her she can have. Now, she has countless toys and we spend more money on "stuff" for her than we ever dreamed of spending on the kids back when......
That is our way of thinking also....he's got 6-7 toys to chew on. So far he hasn't chewed on anything that he's not supposed to... except my face. He seems to have a fascination with my Gray goatee when I'm holding him close to my face....but he does respond well to NO.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:43 AM   #28
XTeacher

Congrats on your new pup - he's adorable! As far as his name goes, I foster small dogs for a local rescue - some owner surrenders, some strays. Names are given/changed frequently, no matter the age of the dog. Dogs adjust easily. I'd leave your pup's AKC name alone and just call him the name you like as his kennel name (the name you plan on calling him). When I was younger, we did the same thing with horses. They may have had a registered name used for show purposes, but most had a stable name that they were called on a daily basis.
XTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:01 AM   #29
xrated

Well, Rossi has been here almost 4 weeks now and his progress is amazing. He is growing in height and weight, length, and Peggy has working on his training. He now knows sit, stay, come, heal, and of course he is using his litterbox consistently....every time. One of the things we have been working on is for him to go to his tent bed in the living room while we eat. We sit on the sofa and watch the evening news while we eat, so he is only 8-10' away and can see us. He loves to be on our laps if we are sitting, so this one has been a little more difficult to train him on, but he's doing well with it. So he does it, but no one said that he had to be happy about it. So here is a link to a short video that shows "The Earthquake" that is going on while he is entertaining himself in the man-cave while we eat......

https://youtu.be/OvVfN_8EiS4

Tags