Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2013, 04:42 AM   #1
GaryWT

Premier 31 BHPR issues

Well, got through the first season and loved it but we did have a few issues. Not the best time to take care of things for me but just wanted to check in with others to see if the same thing has happened. All have to do with tables and counters.

One of the selling points was that this has a larger table inside, unfortunately the larger wider table has warped so it is lower in the middle than the ends (against the wall and where the leg is is higher) probably an easy fix as having the dealer get me a new one but for now I think I will lower it for the winder upside down to see if it will flatten out.

The outside kitchen, 2 issues, first few trips the outside kitchen door opened thus defrosting the freezer thus letting water onto the counter thus the counter acted like a sponge. Sealed the edge and velcroed the fridge shut to limit the damage but probably needs to be replaced. Now on our last trip, one of the 3 hindges holding the front flap on has broken away from the underneath of the counter and will need to be fixed, a piece of the counter broke away.

Lastly, both the kitchen and bathroom sink areas, the edge of the counter is acting like a sponge as these are wet areas so in time there will be an issue.

So, is anyone else have issues with Premier counters or tables? Thanks
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
GaryWT

While winterizing today noticed that the outside kitchen is worse than I thought. The whole thing is sagging and will need replacing. I have a message out to the dealer to figure it all out.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #3
RGene7001

Premier or not- same problems. I ended the season (90 nights) with delaminated bathroom countertop due to water, in addition to a few broken light switches and a tiny leak. All was fixed by the dealer which is a good thing, however the countertop problem is likely to recur. For now I sealed the edge with epoxy glue, put a lot of it under the plastic strip and then pressed out so some glue came out. Will see if it will make any difference. If the problem comes back I will have solid surface custom countertops put in.

Gene.

'13 Passport 2650 BH- traded in
RGene7001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #4
pingraldi

Double Trouble

Over the winter past outdoor kitchen had same warping issue. Keystone blamed me, but fixed it once and said next time not covered. That was bs since the tops all around seem to suck water like sponge.

Secondly pistons on the outdoor kitchen also caused the hinges to pull away....thus cost me 120 since I couldn't wait til next spring for replacements.....had to pug steel plates in so wouldn't reoccur.....
pingraldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #5
chartrand

I have the premier 22rbpr, it's similar to yours just without the bunks. It even has the outside kitchen. This summer was my first year as well, and I to had a few issues, all of which Keystone took care of no problem at all. With the dinette table top, my issue was that it cracked when it was made into a bed and my Dad slept on it. Keystone replaced the table and I now use oak boards instead of the table top when it's made into a bed.

I had a gas strut that opens the outside kitchen door go bad while I was closing it, that pressure ripped 1/2 the hinge off and mangled it quite a bit. I asked dealer to replace the hinge and Keystone decided it was best to replace the entire door assembly, which included the door, the frame and the hinge. Dealer (Barton Lake RV) did a really good job fixing it.

I found lose drain pipes under the sink that we're dripping.

I have not noticed the counter tops absorbing water on my unit, I hope that does not become an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR
2017 Chevy Colorado (Baby Duramax)
Propride P3 Hitch
chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #6
zenbuck

I've been lucky to have only a few minors issues.. Some I fixed myself..

I have to make an appointment for the following...

Cabinet Door over inside sink falling apart.
Outdoor Kitchen TV has a red line down the center.
Exhaust Fan in Bathroom gave out.
Faulty Smoke alarm.

2014 Premier 31 BHPR
2011 Silverado 1500
zenbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:28 AM   #7
GaryWT

I have heard from Flagg RV and they had me send them pictures so they could order the parts. Once the parts are in and I am well again we will figure out the install.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:48 AM   #8
Shogunles

I to had some warping on the outside kitchen door. A large concave area pulled away from the framing of the door. The dealer said they fixed it without replacing the door by riveting it. Skeptical, I drove 120 miles to pick it up only to reveal it is now a small concave area on the door. Water can still get in behind it. So I demanded they replace the door. I have heard this 3 times from other members. So I cannot see how Keystone could blame the owner!

Same issue with the bathroom sink, plus it was leaking.

And it was an oversight on my part, and in owning 3 other TT, I never not had a HVAC Vent in the bathroom. For the money we spent on this unit, you think that it would be in there. Especially being it is set up for use in cooler weather. I can install one, but it is just the point of the matter!
Shogunles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:40 AM   #9
gregrc75

So far I have really only had one annoying issue with my 2011 Premier. One of the entrance doors started delaminating almost immediately after I purchased it. Keystone and my dealer replaced it with a brand new door and that door started delamintating as well almost immediatly as well. As soon as I detected this, I ended up caulking all around the door window and it appears to have stopped and not got any worse in the 2 years since it was replaced.

Greg
2022 Cougar 25RDS
2024 GMC Sierra 2500HD gas
Fairhaven, MA
gregrc75 is offline   Reply With Quote