Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2017, 10:05 PM   #1
jaked

New member, New rig

My name is Jake and my wife and I just bought our first toy hauler but I've grown up camping with them for a long time. My parents owned a Weekend Warrior and I already knew what I wanted in a toy hauler prior to looking. Found a rig that fit both my need/wants as well as the wifes. We bought a Fuzion 4141 because the wife feel in love with the floor plan. Also bought a 2016 Dodge 3500 mega cab with the AISIN trans. Since buying them both I've been busy trying to track down the solution to a problem I've been having. At random when driving down the Ill get a message on the dash saying "check trailer wiring" and then it will go away. It will come on and off at random and sometime it will say "trailer brakes disconnected" and then it will reconnect. I've taken the trailer in to the dealer and they pulled the trailer with 2 different trucks and didn't have the issue. Took the truck into dodge and they couldn't find any issues with the plugs or trailer brake controller module which is the integrated system. No codes were on the computer indicating any errors. I've actually rewired the brakes wires running through the axles and ran them on top of the axle. The 7 pin plug on the trailer as been replaced. All the wiring has been checked. I've checked the pins on the plug in the bed of the truck which is factory and it looks fine. Used electrical grease on the 7 pin plug. Still nothing fixed. So today I pulled off all 6 tires and all 6 brake drums and on 2 of the drums i found that the clips holding the wires in the brake drums had come off where they clip on. So I pushed them back on and looked for any wearing on the wires but didn't find anything. I also noticed that the plug to the to the 7 pin connector on the rear bumper of the truck had some corrosion on it so i left it unplugged and now only have the connection in the bed of the truck. Drove the trailer around the neighborhood and the warning didn't show up. So hopefully the issue is fixed but then again it has gone a day or two without the message before.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1144.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	11927  
jaked is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags