Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-25-2017, 05:31 PM   #21
the sodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbos View Post
You sure are taking this well. I hope your insurance steps up quickly!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My girls feel so violated. (Me too). We are considering having the necessary repairs made and selling it. Maybe buy the same unit and maybe not. One kiddo is off to college this next year. Don’t really need the bunks anymore. We will see...
Old 12-25-2017, 05:49 PM   #22
MattHelm21

Quote:
We are considering having the necessary repairs made and selling it.
I feel for you. I’d be considering exactly the same thing. I’ve never been in your situation but I’d be wondering if after making all repairs, I’d be finding little surprises over the next few months or years. Sorry you have to go through this and I wish you the best of luck with your decision. Hopefully insurance at least makes you whole again.
Old 12-25-2017, 07:51 PM   #23
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sodfather View Post
My girls feel so violated. (Me too). We are considering having the necessary repairs made and selling it. Maybe buy the same unit and maybe not. One kiddo is off to college this next year. Don’t really need the bunks anymore. We will see...

I think we’d do the same. Don’t know if we could ever feel comfortable in it again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 11:55 AM   #24
Number 4

Friends of ours stored their TT in a "secure" lot and some unhinged woman began screaming that her child was in their trailer. The half-brained security guard let her in the LOCKED trailer and she went ballistic smashing and tearing things up. Insurance got things back together but of course there's the deductible and hassle. As for me, our 19FLBE fits juuuust fits on the concrete pad next to our driveway. The neighbors kindly put up with it so I'm thankful it's close by and avoids storage fees. Someone stole the twin 7-gal propane tanks on my previous trailer so my current tanks are locked down, tongue lock is in place, safety chains are padlocked and 6V batteries are kept in the garage. Thankfully campers etiquette seems to be alive and well so nothing has ever been taken from past campsites.
Number 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:05 PM   #25
shirleys545

Same thing happened to me

I feel for you, the same thing happened to me in 2015. I kept my fifth wheel at what I thought was a very secure storage lot. The thieves came over a 10 ft barbed wire topped fence late at night. They broke into 10 RV's altogether stealing nothing but electronics. As for mine they threw chuncks of concrete thru the picture window in the rear, of course their aim wasn't very good so they damaged the fiberglass. once inside they tore off doors and blinds, went thru all the drawers and stole one tv. All together they did over $5,000 damage. it was very foggy that night so the security cameras picked up nothing but shadows. Insurance took care of it quickly but the repairs took about 2 months to complete. Once again sorry for what happened to you but keep your chin up these things happen.
shirleys545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:13 PM   #26
the sodfather

I stopped at a couple of our local RV dealers. Most places I felt the cold shoulder cocky demeanor until I said it was going to be through insurance. Shocker. The last place I went, I discovered I knew one of the sales guys from a camping trip and visiting with one of my neighbors. So that is where I dropped off my TT. The folks there a very nice and sympathetic to my situation. They are gonna get it repaired and professionally cleaned as soon a possible. They said the biggest issue will be having to get the replacement sink from Keystone. Likely 3 weeks minimum.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:45 PM   #27
Gegrad

Good to hear you have the repair/restoration lined up. Good luck with it.
Gegrad is offline   Reply With Quote