Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2011, 01:29 PM   #1
6vonls

Hello from Nashville!

Jumping in to say hello! We are a family of 6 looking to begin the wonderful world of camping in an rv. After over a year of reading message boards and attending RV shows, we have narrowed down our search to 3 different models, my favorite being the Copper Canyon 324FWBHS.
Thought I would spend some time here to see what others are saying about this unit.
I have to be honest, after reading the other night I am feeling a little skeptical about our selection. I am hoping that it is simply a case of those who are unhappy scream the loudest and that there are many more satisfied Keystone customers than unsatisfied.
I will probably stay quiet, but I will be reading!

Happy Camping!
Sherri
6vonls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:50 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Welcome to the forum, Sherri and family of 6. You are not the first "newbie" to have read the horror stories about Keystone RV's on this forum and now feel that you might be making a poor decision about considering any Keystone product. Visit any forum and you will find pretty much the same ......... those "who are unhappy scream the loudest". You pretty much summed it up yourself.
We, along with the majority of Keystone owners, have been happy with our '08 Cougar and have had only very minor issues -- all of which were quickly fixed at home -- a loose screw, a bit of adjustment, etc. Never had any reason to take it in for repair or servicing ---- no warranty issues --->>>
Keep doing your homework and make an informed decision.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:08 PM   #3
jq1031

Hi Sherri & welcome to the forum & the RV lifestyle. My advise is to buy from a reputable dealer that is somewhat close to where you live. If trouble occurs you have a sounding board & as a customer you will be listened to.
I'm waiting to take delivery of my new Laredo TT & did just that....
Joe
jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:05 PM   #4
Flyguy

Welcome to the forum! We moderators are pretty lenient with those who wish to vent about the tough time that they've had with the dealer and with Keystone customer service however we draw the line when they try to use this forum as a platform to persuade other members not to patronize Keystone products.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:58 PM   #5
6vonls

Thanks for the welcome!
I haven't been completely scared away.

It is certainly the front runner of our choices and when I mentioned switching gears my kids said "no, please!!"

We have to upgrade our truck before our purchase and hopefully tomorrow we will be negotiating a deal on a ford f250. I am so excited because I have read and dreamed about this for so long now.
6vonls is offline   Reply With Quote