Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2019, 06:42 PM   #1
dmcc625

Shower surround

I purchased this camper used so warranty is not possible. It seems as if the bottom shower door track has been installed backwards. The holes in the tracks at the bottom to release water are installed with the holes facing outwards into the bathroom floor. When the tracks fill with water, the water runs onto the floor. Any one else have this issue? It is a a 2017 Keystone Fuzion 369. Should I uninstall and fix the bottom track? Am I looking at this in the wrong way?
dmcc625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:06 PM   #2
K_N_L

It sounds backward as my has the holes to the inside. Given the level of attention to detail from the factory it wouldn’t be a surprise. I had to add caulking to get mine sealed around the corners. Hopefully it will be a easy fix.

Kevin -n- Lisa
17 Fuzion 325 / 15 Chevy 3500 HC DRW
06 HD Ultra Classic
K_N_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:49 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

It does sound like it’s backwards. Depending on style of door, it’s an easy repair. I’ve done a few.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 04:07 AM   #4
German Shepherd Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcc625 View Post
I purchased this camper used so warranty is not possible. It seems as if the bottom shower door track has been installed backwards. The holes in the tracks at the bottom to release water are installed with the holes facing outwards into the bathroom floor. When the tracks fill with water, the water runs onto the floor. Any one else have this issue? It is a a 2017 Keystone Fuzion 369. Should I uninstall and fix the bottom track? Am I looking at this in the wrong way?

HI dmcc625 and welcome to the forum. AND to the wonderful world of RV repair.

As chuckster57 said it will be an easy repair and get you into the proper frame of mind for RV ownership. Which is not just about camping but also about honing your skills in the building trades, electric, plumbing, mechanical, air conditioning, etc.

Even if it was under warranty what would happen is you would go to the Dealership and make an appointment. Three months later you might be getting your rig back, and maybe no new problems materialized while it sat outside in the yard unattended. So waaaaay better you fix it yourself, laugh about it, and enjoy the camaraderie of this great site.
Again welcome and have fun, it is after all about camping.

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 05:48 AM   #5
dmcc625

Thanks for the quick responses. I will get to work on it today. I have been the dealer route about 15-20 years ago and will always choose to diy the repair if possible. I trust myself and people on this forum much more than any dealer
Again... thanks for your help.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:38 AM   #6
Justvisiting2day

We have had 2 metal /glass enclosures in 2 different units. First week , removed glass, tossed and metal tossed and sealed the holes. purchased good waterproof shower curtain cloth and hanger rail/track material with carrier hooks. Sewn in magnets and screwed on magnetics to the walls. Works great and no leaks, more room and better ventilation.

and never trust a sales person except to take your money
Justvisiting2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 09:50 AM   #7
dmcc625

Magnetic strips and heavy curtain not a bad idea. May consider that after I remove the current door to repair. Thanks for the suggestion. Will prob stick with current setup if possible. Thanks