Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2019, 03:07 AM   #1
Euswily

Finally checking in!

My wife and I purchased a new Bullet 330BLR in March of this year. We’ve made several trips with the rig, first with a 2011 F150 5.0 HD which the dealer said would be “fine” and now with an F250 6.7 Diesel. Much better.

Our previous experience was with old Class A’s. This our first new rig and first TT. I really enjoy this forum and wish I’d found it BEFORE we bought. There are sooo many seasoned folks to learn from.

Got some ??? so l’ll try and post them in the right places.
Euswily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 03:18 AM   #2
ddesh

Welcome to the 330 bullet club. Question for you how well does your forward black tank drain?
ddesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 03:32 AM   #3
Euswily

Seems to be OK but with only a few trips so far I’m not certain. I only partly trust the level sensors
Euswily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 11:39 PM   #4
busterbrown

Congrats on the new Bullet. My 308BHS has given our family lots of memories over the 4 years of ownership with many more to come.

When the word "fine" comes out of a RV salespersons mouth in relation to how a tv will perform, I'd be skeptical immediately as most in the business are there to sell coaches, not educate RV customers on the basis of a safe and competent TV. You made a great choice in vehicles to tug along that Bullet.

Welcome and congrates again.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 07:17 PM   #5
5J's

Congrats on the new bullet and welcome to the forum from SE Texas.

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

2006 F-350 6.0L PSD CC 4X4
5J's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 08:00 PM   #6
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euswily View Post
Seems to be OK but with only a few trips so far I’m not certain. I only partly trust the level sensors
Don't ever trust the sensors, especially the black. They are notorious for being very inaccurate regardless of chemicals or any other procedures. You'll learn the toilet burp sound that indicates it's time to dump.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 06:34 AM   #7
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbrown View Post
Congrats on the new Bullet. My 308BHS has given our family lots of memories over the 4 years of ownership with many more to come.

When the word "fine" comes out of a RV salespersons mouth in relation to how a tv will perform, I'd be skeptical immediately as most in the business are there to sell coaches, not educate RV customers on the basis of a safe and competent TV. You made a great choice in vehicles to tug along that Bullet.

Welcome and congrates again.
I'll never forget the experience we had regarding this many years ago. At that time we had a 1999 Dodge Durango R/T pulling a Keystone Cabana. I think the Cabana was 21' closed, don't remember the wt.
So we were camping a few miles from an RV dealer and we decided to "window shop" a salesman appears asking what we are looking for. I explain that I'm tired of setting up the hybrid and chasing down the constant, inherent leaks every time it rained. I also related the max tow rating of the TV and told him I didn't want an empty wt anywhere near that. So my limit was 5K empty. The FIRST unit he takes us to is a 30' aluminum sided behemoth (for the time). I go immediately to the tag and see the max gross as 10K.
I looked at the wife at told her it was time to go. The salesman asked me what was wrong. I explained the obvious and his reply? "You can tow that trailer, no problem!"
After that the "Mr. Nice Guy" in my head vacated the premises and the "Mr. Just What I think of You" stepped in.
I would trust a "Traveler" to paint my house before trusting an RV salesman. JMHO
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote