Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2019, 04:39 AM   #1
rnkburg

Polaris general in a Raptor 300mp or a rear hitch

Hello

Just curious if anyone has gotten a Polaris general in a raptor 300mp. Mines a 2012 model raptor, and the general is a 2019 with factory bumper on it. Garage is supposed to be 10ft and the general says it’s 9.85 ft

Second part of this question, has anyone ever put a hitch on the back of there raptor? I’m kinda wondering if it’s possible with the electric stabilizer jacks back there.
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 04:45 AM   #2
rnkburg

Ok I did not mean to have a b instead of a h in the title. I have tried to edit the title but it won’t let me. I am sorry for that

ADDED: Edited and corrected. JRTJH
Old 10-06-2019, 06:01 AM   #3
rnkburg

Thank you for fixing that!
Old 10-06-2019, 06:02 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

If you download the 2012 Raptor brochure, on page 14 is a diagram of the 300MP floorplan. It might be "misleading", but the white lines that depict the garage length start at the "outside" of the rear ramp and end at the "front side of the "dividing wall". That would indicate to me, that Keystone's "advertising department" may be using one measurement technique and Keystone's engineering department may be using a different measurement technique.

I'd suspect that Polaris does the same. On my RZR, the "total vehicle length" doesn't include any "bolt on accessories" (just as the Ford brochure lists "maximum payload" in their brochures using the XL regular cab model with no options and no spare. All of the manufacturers, in this case, Keystone and Polaris may be providing measurements that are based in "THEIR" reality, not in "YOUR" reality.

So, a tape measure and a few minutes will give you better information than any brochure. Close the ramp, go inside and measure the floor length, then move up 24" and measure the distance from the ramp to the shortest object on the front wall. Next, drive the General up to a "brick wall" and put a straight edge vertically at the most distant rear component. Measure from the "brick wall to the straight edge.

My guess is that you'll find the Raptor garage is slightly less than 10' and the General is slightly more than 118.2", both of which are "advertised lengths".

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 06:07 AM   #5
rnkburg

Yeah This is what I am thinking. I used to have a cub cadet challenger 700 and it barely fit in the garage. I had to undo the tailgate and let it hang. It fit but was touching back door. When I look at specs. It says the Cub was 118. The general premium is 116.4 (which I think is wrong because the deluxe is 118.2). Both the premium and deluxe have the front bumper and only difference is added roof. Stereo and fox shocks. Which I can’t see how any of that would change the length.

This is why I’m thinking of adding a Hitch. But my concern is the electric stabilizer jacks in the rear causing a fitment issue.
Old 10-06-2019, 06:42 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Any experienced "KNOWLEDGABLE" welder can devise a hitch that works with the stabilizer jacks (or build a new mount system for the stabilizers).

For me, the issue would be total rig length (truck front bumper to the back of the rear most trailer. We tow a 30'5" Cougar XLite and either our boat or the Slingshot (on a trailer) behind the Cougar. Total length for my rig is 74' with the boat and 72' with the Slingshot. Michigan has a 75' max total length while all the adjoining states have a 65' max length. We do tow into Wisconsin, Ohio, Indiana and "points south or west", but as soon as I cross the Michigan state line, I'm vulnerable for citation for being too long. It hasn't happened "YET" but .....

I'll be the first to admit that state laws are not always accurately reflected in most RV towing websites, so information is always suspect. That said, this is what I found on the RV Trip Wizard website:
Kentucky
•Total length: 65'
•Trailer Length: 45'
•Trailer Width: 8' (excluding safety equip.)
•Motor Home Length: 45'
•Motor Home Width: 8' 6" (excludes mirrors and appurtenances up to 6")
•Height: 13' 6"
•Triple towing is allowed if does not exceed combined length of 65'

Required Equipment: Safety chain, breakaway switch, fire extinguisher in RV, flares or reflective signs, brakes required on trailer over 3,000 pounds or if weight of trailer exceeds 40% of tow vehicle weight. Wipers/lights on when conditions require.
Riding is permitted in truck campers only.
Overnight parking in state rest areas is not specified if permitted or not

Website link: https://www.rvtripwizard.com/rv-info/state-road-laws

The reason I posted this is not to suggest you don't add a hitch, but rather, if you do decide to add one, that you consider and research all the potentials that might restrict you from being "legal" in all the states you plan to tow and then to consider whether to "do it anyway" or ?????

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 06:45 AM   #7
rnkburg

Yes. Those I am aware of. My father has a hitch on his and tows a boat behind. Should fall right into specs with a crew cab ram 3500. The fifth wheel and a 14’ aluminum trailer.

Dads is right at the same length as me but tows a 17’ boat on a longer trailer. His truck is extended cab vs 4 door.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:56 AM   #8
rnkburg

It fits. Barely fits, but it fits. Click image for larger version

Name:	59287126024__FFF3BC7D-7051-45A0-B672-D73DED9ABB76.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	480.1 KB
ID:	24075
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7975.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	287.7 KB