Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2018, 05:01 PM   #1
laidback

South Dakota mail

Any one else here use My Dakota Address in Madison. They closed up unexpectedly last Last Thur. Left myself and others hanging. Now we no address mail being returned to sender. License and registration have to be redone. Can you say BIG MESS.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:08 AM   #2
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Hmmmmmm...wow! I wouldn't even know where to start. Please keep this post up to date as I'm sure it will help others out. Good luck.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 05:47 PM   #3
laidback

This has turned into a real nightmare. Still trying to get PO to change address.Tried on line can,t do it because that was a business address. Off to the PO here in Va tomorrow to see if they can help. Got a different address waiting to hear about Lic and Reg. Now bank doesn't want to here about a PMB address
Was ok for 9 years now no good. Maybe time to quit being a nomad.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:40 PM   #4
bobbecky

We use America’s Mailbox and on their site they said they’ve been extremely busy converting people over after losing their service from My Dakota Post. We’ve had Americas Mailbox for almost six years without any problems and always great service. I’m sure they can get you transitioned pretty easily.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:35 AM   #5
mazboy

Another one from my dakota address. we changed our address via just mailing the usps form, that will work. can't do it on line.

also i filed a complaint with the attorney general and bbb because of the way they suddenly stop talking about our money accounts. If you have not gotten a refund please file a complaint to the above people.

We've just gone back to using our Michigan address for everything. Maybe in the future we will return to using a mail service but what crap....suddenly closing without notice. And we were actually in there 2 days before we got the email of their closing!
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:05 PM   #6
laidback

I have changed to Dakota Post in Sioux Falls. They are taking care of License and registration problems. I did the change of address on the hard copy at PO. Madison PO said they had held all mail and was going to start forwarding it the end of the week. Wish I would have taken my time got tied up in the confusion. Next year I have found a pace in Fl. Wait and use my plates and license till then. Glad it's over. At least I hope.
Old 09-27-2018, 08:50 AM   #7
Jweems

I have used Your Best Address in Sioux Falls, SD since 2010 and have been very satisfied with their service. Very helpful initially in getting switch to SD domicile set up, Drivers liscense, registration, voter registrations etc.
Jweems is offline   Reply With Quote