Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2018, 04:48 PM   #1
Acamp

Outside coax

I have a 2006 Keystone Montana 3295RK. I know it's silly but I can't find the exterior coax hookup to connect to the parks cable. I have a coax cord outside by the front door that says cable/ satellite but I don't think that's the main hookup since the cord isn't long enough to go the width of the trailer to the parks box. I tried adding an extension to it and I'm not getting any signal from the tv. I've tried all 3 coax connections inside and nothing. And yes I have the antenna booster off. I know the parks box works fine because the tv picks up if hooked up directly. So long intro but where is the exterior coax? I don't see anything by the main power plug at rear, in the water inlet, or in side storage compartments.
Acamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 05:02 PM   #2
rhagfo

You have a cord just hanging by the front door? Our satellite connection is on the utility side of the 5er, the coax for cable signal is at the rear in a outdoor outlet cover, one side cable, the other land line phone.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 05:22 PM   #3
Carl n Susan

On a 3295, the cable/satellite connector is on the exterior wall of the entertainment center in the curb side slide.
Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 05:57 PM   #4
Acamp

I see the phone land line connection by itself at the rear exterior of the trailer. But no Coax by it. Yea i have a cord and power plugs by the front door on the slide but why is it on this side, the cord is no where near long enough to reach the other side of the trailer. And I'm not getting any signal/ channel download from any of the three connections inside the trailer. That's why I assumed there must be another hookup I can't find.
Acamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 08:46 PM   #5
wiredgeorge

The cable hanging off the side of your trailer needs to be unscrewed from the jack it is screwed to. Not sure where your dump valves are located but they will need to be closest to the park pedestal and you will need to buy a longer piece of co-axial cable. I am not sure if your trailer has both satellite and cable jacks on the outside but if there is only one, it is the cable. You will need to connect with a longer cable and turn the amp OFF to see park cable. Amp is for OTA TV only.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 08:47 PM   #6
FlyingAroundRV

Don't forget that when you hook up to cable, you have to turn the antenna booster off. Also depending on your TV, you have to change the source settings.
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 10:05 PM   #7
Carl n Susan

That RF port on the curb side is the Cable/Satellite input to the entertainment area. As written above, get a coax long enough to go under the trailer to the pedestal and connect it to the cable port there. Behind the TV should be an equivalent Cable/Satellite port. You may have to do some testing to determine how things are wired. There exists a cable wiring chart for your rig but most likely a previous owner may have changed it.
Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote