Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2017, 12:21 PM   #1
socalhd

Fuel line/ Is It SAFE??

In my plight to diagnose my running issues with my Generator on my 14 Fuzion FZ342 Toyhauler. I’ve found Keystone used a Rubber Fuel Line from the Tank all the way forward to the Generator. The fuel line is hung under the belly with hangers and not even run along the Frame Rail. Is this Standard? And even Safe under NHTSA?
Has anyone made their own Mods to make it safer?
The fuel line is it my running issue but I found it odd.
socalhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 12:27 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

"Rubber" fuel line? Is it actual fuel line (it should say on the side of the line)? If so, it should be OK. Rubber fuel lines have been used in vehicles for a long time. If it's above the coroplast on the bottom it should be OK. If they used the proper hangars and attached them correctly I doubt you have an issue.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 01:10 PM   #3
socalhd

Yes it is actual Fuel Line. But it is hung below the Coroplast. There is a Fuel Line and I believe a vapor recovery line routed together. Hangers about every 2 ft

2007 F350 Dually
2014 Fuzion FZ342
2015 Harley CVO Limited
socalhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 04:29 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

I suspect under the coroplast is the best thing. I was thinking about it getting hung on something but fuel lines on vehicles followed the frame and I suspect that is what they did with yours. In retrospect, I wouldn't want the gas line above the coroplast and then have a leak....that might be a real problem. With hangers every 2' I don't see a problem unless you just don't like it and wanted to go with stainless steel fuel line or something. If it were me, and I knew it was ran like that, I would just check it periodically to make sure it wasn't sagging or a hanger hadn't broke.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 05:14 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

I’ve seen rubber LP lines run the frame from front to back, so I don’t see an issue with fuel lines. I would prefer any leaks be vented to atmosphere rather than confined space ( inside underbelly).

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 05:54 PM   #6
Desert185

If it has a possibility of chafing on the frame or something else, you can wrap a slightly larger hose (split lengthwise) over the fuel line on the chafe point and zip tie it.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel