Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2019, 05:17 PM   #41
77cruiser
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by RET.LEO View Post
Considering the quality of build, low miles it's cheaper than a new pick-up. It can tow any length trailer, weight would never be a factor. It still has 10 plus years of life left plus another 500K miles.
Cheaper than a used truck.
77cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 07:26 PM   #42
Snoking

SCAM Chris
Old 11-22-2019, 01:45 AM   #43
Todd727

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77cruiser View Post
A little more to the story. I think I'll pass on this.

Thanks for the reply. For the moment I am in hospital trying to recover after surgery. This is the reason why I left the truck stored with all the paperwork at the shipping company (Advanced Freight Solutions MT) in Corvallis, MT ready to be delivered. I will take care of the shipping. I want to use their escrow and transport services as they offer 100% protection and insurance to both buyers and sellers.

I will try to explain you in a few words how it works. The payment must be sent to them and they will offer you a benefit of 5 days inspection period and then I will get the payment. SO...ONLY AFTER you receive the truck and agree to keep it, they will release the payment to me, in this way we are both protected. So, this is not a blind transaction, you can physically see the truck before committing to buy and to eliminate any concerns. In case you won`t be satisfied, you can cancel the transaction and ship it back on my expense.
Write back and tell her you have family near there. Ask for the address so they can run by and look at the truck. Can't wait to see that answer. When that doesn't work, ask for the address and phone number of the place so you can send the money. Of course you use FedEx, so you can't use a P.O. Box. See how that goes.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:35 AM   #44
Snoking

If one looks hard enough, you will find these pictures on the "real sale" site and the price will be two to three times what is posted in the fake add.

Sad thing is people fall for these scams.

Note that the price on the truck and tractor both have a dot in the place of the correct comma. The Email address has annameagers and she says: "Thanks! Hope to hear from you soon!
Anna Mayers"

Send an email to [email protected] and [email protected] asking if they have a truck for sale and see if someone answers.

This Anna is most likely in Nigeria, the source of many thus scams.

Chris
Old 11-22-2019, 06:29 AM   #45
tomd

Reminds me of corvette for sale for $1.00. Low miles, nice.
Guy ran off with secretary, got over her, ran out of money and wanted to come back to his wife. Said, honey I want to come home,"need money, sell the corvette".
Old 11-22-2019, 06:44 AM   #46
flybouy
Site Team

“There's a sucker born every minute.”
― P.T. Barnum
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 05:28 AM   #47
Todd727

So, I was bored. Truck seems have been moved.

Contacted "Anna Mayers" and this was the exchange:

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 2:47 AM Todd wrote:

Do you still have the truck for sale?

--
-tc

On 11/24/19 11:58, Anna Mayers wrote:
> Hello There,
> Thank You for your interest in my 2011 Freightliner SC M2 106 that I have for sale. It is in perfect condition, with no need for any repairs. One Owner! Only 15,600K Miles! Clean. 8.3-L Cummins ISC 350 HP Engine, Allison TRV 3200, 6 speed Automatic Transmission, 150 gal fuel capacity. This truck is top of the line. Fully Equipped. I have a clear title, free of any liens or loans. The price is firm, $37,500. I am selling it because my husband died a month ago (he suffered a heart attack) and it brings me bad memories and also I just had a neck surgery at my vocal cords (Vocal nodules) and I need the money to pay the medical bills for recovery.
> Just let me know if you are interested and where are you located. Please contact me only if you have funds available.
> Thanks! Hope to hear from you soon!
> Anna Mayers

On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 2:12 PM Todd wrote:

I'm just outside of Butte, MT. Where is the truck located?

Thanks

-tc

On 11/24/19 17:51, Anna Mayers wrote:

Hi again,
Thanks for the reply. For the moment I am in hospital trying to recover after surgery. This is the reason why I left the truck stored with all the paperwork at the shipping company (Bac Premium Trucking) in Beaumont, TX ready to be delivered. I will take care of the shipping. I want to use their escrow and transport services as they offer 100% protection and insurance to both buyers and sellers.

I will try to explain you in a few words how it works. The payment must be sent to them and they will offer you a benefit of 5 days inspection period and then I will get the payment. SO...ONLY AFTER you receive the truck and agree to keep it, they will release the payment to me, in this way we are both protected. So, this is not a blind transaction, you can physically see the truck before committing to buy and to eliminate any concerns. In case you won`t be satisfied, you can cancel the transaction and ship it back on my expense.
Here is a link to the truck's photo gallery: https://postimg.cc/gallery/30pzfuue0/
If you are interested, please include in the next email your contact information (Full name, shipping address and phone number), so we can contact them to get the ball rolling.
Thank you! Anna Mayers
Old 11-25-2019, 06:04 AM   #48
77cruiser
Gone Traveling

I see since you said you were close the truck has moved from Mt. to Texas.
77cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 06:19 AM   #49
Jim2366

I would not put any money down until after you or mechanic goes over it with a fine tooth comb. First check obituaries for her husbands death, and chech to see reviews on the third party she is using to sell it. If it’s a great price normally there is a reason.
Jim2366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 06:51 AM   #50
sonofcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77cruiser View Post
i see since you said you were close the truck has moved from mt. To texas.
^^^^^^ that
sonofcy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, tow, tow vehicle