Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2019, 06:28 AM   #21
Steve's 70-5

I built a wood trough to put the sewer hoses in. 2 are in the garage in the trailer. One is in the bumper. I have caps for all my sewer hoses. In the few dump stations I have been at there is always water there, no need to get a hose out. If camping with full hook ups, I will let the black tank flush run for 5-10 minutes Then use a garden hose to wash stuff down. I wear disposable gloves When dumping tank. I have a bottle of hand sanitizer in one of the pockets on the door of my truck.

I work construction and deal with portta-potty’s all the time. You have not seen anything yet.

Joe Walsh
Steve's 70-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:35 AM   #22
duh1

The drain hose and connectors go into a tub for storage in the trailer. When stores i take it out, full with water, our in a couple cups of bleach, lift it up and down a few times, to mix and circulate, let sit for an hour, empty and then drain and dry and put it back in the tub then back in the trailer. Done
duh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 07:01 AM   #23
jimborokz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
For me, reading this discussion of what to do to "store sewer hoses" (clean, sanitized or just plain dirty) inside my RV is enough for me to be even happier with my decision to install a 6x6 PVC post cover UNDER my trailer, insert a piece of PVC gutter in that (as a tray) and keep my "crappy hoses" OUTSIDE my RV. Whether they're "in a tote", "in a laundry basket" or "in a garbage bag" if they're INSIDE the RV, they're too close to things I want to keep clean and not exposed to dirty hoses.

So, do what makes you happy. My sewer hoses are under the trailer (water doesn't "drip up", separated from everything except sewer hoses and that's the way I prefer them to be stored and to travel.
Totally agree. I'll run the black flush for 10-15 minutes several times then flush with grey water then the galley dish water. I have Rino hose so caps at both ends and into a tube under the RV. Never inside any compartment. Same hose for six years now and still like new. All fresh water items are in a sealed tote in the basement near the convenience center. When we break camp I stow all the fw stuff first. Then and only then glove up and do the stinky stuff.
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:34 AM   #24
mskeyspirate

I guess that I'm a bit surprised by some of the responses. I even read one that said that they have never sanitized, and believe that it will break down the plastic ? Does that mean that their freshwater tank is never sanitized for fear of breakdown ? I guess in the end, we are all very different. I simply want to eliminate the build up of odors and bacteria from heavy use during the camping months. To each his own...but i'll continue to sanitize yearly, and hopefully that will help to preserve those hoses so that I can spend my camping budget on more important items. Thanks for all of your input. It's appreciated.
mskeyspirate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage