Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-22-2019, 02:35 PM   #1
RMC

Water tank will not fill

We are first time RV owners of a 2019 Passport 2200RBWE. We spent a fair amount of time camping this summer and are getting comfortable with the trailer and towing.

What we cannot seem to figure out is the fresh water tank. After filling the LED never shows more than 1/3 full. I had been thinking that it is a problem with the gauge but our past trip we ran out of water very quickly and had to pour gallons of water in manually. So it seems that the water tank is not getting full when we add water.

Any one have ideas as to what is going on?
RMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:09 PM   #2
LHaven

Is it possible you have an air exit tube that has become blocked, and you are trying to fill into a big air bubble?
Old 08-22-2019, 04:24 PM   #3
Canonman

I've had experience where the fill tube gets an air lock. I'll rock the trailer a little which usually clears it. Also use on of these: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Water-Fil...yABEgKrR_D_BwE

Never had a problem since using the Water Fill on the hose. Works great with an in-line filter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MGL5489.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	378.2 KB
ID:	23369  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 10:58 AM   #4
EagleandFox

Our tank "burps" about 2 times when filling, so we let it burp and then start filling again until the water starts spilling out "differently" - seems we can tell, just can't explain it!

2017 Hideout 299RLDS 5th Wheel
EagleandFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 12:50 PM   #5
RMC

Repaired under warranty

After all avenues were exhausted I reported it to the dealer. They were skeptical at first but they did repair it under warranty. Details are sketchy but apparently they had to drop the tank because something was crimped and preventing air from escaping.

It has now been winterized so I will not be able to verify until next spring. But it will make a big difference to not have to refill the water tank every time before having a shower.
RMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 02:42 PM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMC View Post
After all avenues were exhausted I reported it to the dealer. They were skeptical at first but they did repair it under warranty. Details are sketchy but apparently they had to drop the tank because something was crimped and preventing air from escaping.

It has now been winterized so I will not be able to verify until next spring. But it will make a big difference to not have to refill the water tank every time before having a shower.
If the issue persists next spring then I'd suggest you fill the tank with a hose "throttled down" to a slow flow. That would allow air to escape easier and prove the "air not exiting" theory.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water