Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2018, 02:27 PM   #1
Kzneft

Fold Out Couch Problem/fix

Latest experience with Keystone's fold out couch on the slideout is they only use those very small screws with the square socket to hold the whole couch to the wall. Three small screws on each side. I guess I can't blame Keystone because it is the bed manufacturer that put such small holes in the mounting bracket. Needless to say on our forth trip out I went to fold the bed down from the wall and the whole thing fell on me. If you have a keystone trailer that has this kind of bed it would be best to fix this before you take off and have to put leveling blocks under it until you get home to fix it. My fix drill bigger holes in the bed bracket and use 1/4" x 1 1/2" lag bolts. See pic before repair.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bed Support.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	18122  
Kzneft is offline   Reply With Quote