Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2018, 10:10 AM   #61
BlakeRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeRL View Post
I will try to remove the front part of my tarp and snap a shot and post it.

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Here is an earlier image I pulled from my older Google Drive account:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B55244B4-0373-47D7-8045-DAD2F7CE2028.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	19596  
BlakeRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:14 AM   #62
BlakeRL

Quote:

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Here is a shot of the side logo (same logo is on both sides just forward of the rear):
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	69F149E6-036B-4C5A-BB5D-A5DF74972604.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	19598  
Old 12-12-2018, 10:18 AM   #63
BlakeRL

Quote:

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Here is what the fron compartment doors look like (they appear to vary in different years):
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	5BC08543-5DF2-4786-AF3D-4627B49BF61D.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	174.8 KB
ID:	19599  
Old 12-12-2018, 10:21 AM   #64
BlakeRL

Quote:
Here is what the fron compartment doors look like (they appear to vary in different years):
Here is a view of the compartment doors with the passenger side access to the propane tanks in view:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	AF6D6D33-F4F9-4E06-999B-A3D72D6D4FCA.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	244.7 KB
ID:	19600  
Old 12-12-2018, 10:22 AM   #65
BlakeRL

On the other side is a matching size compartment access for the battery and front Jack control switch!
Old 12-12-2018, 10:26 AM   #66
BlakeRL

Quote:
On the other side is a matching size compartment access for the battery and front Jack control switch!
Behind these two access doors (one on each side) and these are much larger compartment doors allowing acces to the area under the bathroom. The one depicted is on the passenger side:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	6B696D63-90E4-4559-BEE9-B6CC60D5F423.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	19601  
Old 12-12-2018, 10:29 AM   #67
BlakeRL

Quote:
Behind these two access doors (one on each side) and these are much larger compartment doors allowing acces to the area under the bathroom. The one depicted is on the passenger side:
Here is an interior shot depicting the cabinet to the left of the stove:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	268FB430-C3D4-423A-AABC-1B58AA627EA9.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	19602  
Old 12-12-2018, 10:30 AM   #68
BlakeRL

Quote:
Here is an interior shot depicting the cabinet to the left of the stove:
And another of it:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	53589805-7731-4657-8746-96B37421894F.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	19603  
Old 12-12-2018, 10:32 AM   #69
BlakeRL

Please forgive the previous and current messes. I am a mess and probably will be until I get the rest of the repairs done! :-(
Old 12-12-2018, 12:48 PM   #70
BlakeRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
I have a 2002 Cougar and there is a metal plate on the driver's side below the door holding one of the two propane tanks. The plate originally stated weights and such and is no longer readable. My VIN is stamped up on the pin box close to the trailer on the driver side and is etched into the metal. I have had other fifth wheels and it was located there as well.
Nothing in that location on mine nor below the access panel door for the propane tanks.

Is yours etched or stamped? I could not make out any evidence of grinding or sanding and then being painted over but if only lightly etched I suppose it may be possible it may have been removed somehow without leaving any evidential marks.

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Old 12-12-2018, 01:27 PM   #71
SummitPond

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
... There's a list "somewhere" ... build sheet.

... Some dealers do, some dealers don't and apparently, some dealers leave it on the counter, next to the cash register.....
Here is the sheet I was referring to. I didn't mean to infer it was on the cash register counter; I meant the kitchen counter of the trailer.

As you can see, no serial numbers or individual components. The far right had the list prices for the trailer and various options, but that was it!

Next time I'm up at CW I'll inquire; maybe they still have it somewhere in their file system.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sxIMG_1030 2018-12-12 19FBPR configuration.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	19606  

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:49 PM   #72
JRTJH
Site Team

Ken,

That looks like a "dealer generated window sticker" for that trailer. Quite often dealerships will print up a list of standard/optional equipment on the trailer, list an MSRP and "their discount price" as a means of not having "trailer browsers" in the show room waiting for a salesman to ask, "How much is that third trailer on the second row?" ...

What you posted is not the build sheet, just something the dealership printed up to answer questions in the trailer.

The build sheet will have the serial number and part/model number of each major component, the serial numbers of each tire, axle, stove, A/C, furnace, refrigerator, mattress, TV, radio, microwave, etc.

What "gives it away" as dealer generated is the "stock number" (not VIN) and the "status" Available (ie: not yet sold). The factory wouldn't assign a stock number or know the status before the trailer leaves the factory, which is where the build sheet is completed.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:16 AM   #73
BlakeRL

Hi all

Thanks again everyone!

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Old 12-17-2018, 02:52 PM   #74
Nitehawk

With the info you have at hand you should be able to go to your DMV and request a new VIN for the trailer.usually what is required is a certificate that states the the trailer is road worthy and passes all state and federal laws. They do this for vehicles that have been restored after they have been deemed scrapped. What should happen after you apply for this is that they will send you a stamped plate with new VIN and you will have to screw it to your frame.
Nitehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 04:32 PM   #75
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Nothing in that location on mine nor below the access panel door for the propane tanks.

Is yours etched or stamped? I could not make out any evidence of grinding or sanding and then being painted over but if only lightly etched I suppose it may be possible it may have been removed somehow without leaving any evidential marks.

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Ronald, My VIN is stamped. The plate that contains weight info and such is totally illegible; stuff is just worn off. The VIN is pretty deep so would be a chore to remove it without any trace of grinding.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 04:44 PM   #76
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehawk View Post
With the info you have at hand you should be able to go to your DMV and request a new VIN for the trailer.usually what is required is a certificate that states the the trailer is road worthy and passes all state and federal laws. They do this for vehicles that have been restored after they have been deemed scrapped. What should happen after you apply for this is that they will send you a stamped plate with new VIN and you will have to screw it to your frame.
Every state in the US has different laws regarding trailers with no VIN. Here is the Texas procedure for getting a new VIN:

https://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=804&q=244916

If I were buying a trailer to live in and not move it, I would get a bill of sale and just live in it. As long as it isn't on the road, not sure who would care otherwise. In Texas, salvage title and trailers with no titles are used quite often on hunting leases.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 07:42 PM   #77
BlakeRL

Hi Nitehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehawk View Post
Thank you for the info.

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Old 12-17-2018, 07:47 PM   #78
BlakeRL

Hi wiredgeorge

Quote:
Ronald, My VIN is stamped. The plate that contains weight info and such is totally illegible; stuff is just worn off. The VIN is pretty deep so would be a chore to remove it without any trace of grinding.
Hi wiredgeorge, that is my assumption as well and why I say that it do not see any evidence of tampering. Here in the campground many are on stickers, some are on riveted data plates, and apparently some are stamped directly into the pin box exterior surface.

Have not gotten up under it to check the frame yet or the axles though!

Will keep you all posted as to the results of when I finally get up under it.

Thanks again

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Old 12-17-2018, 08:05 PM   #79
BlakeRL

Hi wiredgeorge

Quote:
Every state in the US has different laws regarding trailers with no VIN. Here is the Texas procedure for getting a new VIN:

https://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=804&q=244916

If I were buying a trailer to live in and not move it, I would get a bill of sale and just live in it. As long as it isn't on the road, not sure who would care otherwise. In Texas, salvage title and trailers with no titles are used quite often on hunting leases.
I have an old 1976 Ford E350 24ft Coachmen Leprechaun Motorhome which I bought for $350 that was being used on a hunting lease and the entire exterior is painted camo with leaf patterns local to the lease. Pretty nifty. It is shot though and unlivable. I bought it and was going to make it into a 1 ton flatbed fifth wheel tow vehicle before I lucked up on my older 1997 F-250 Heavy Duty 4x4 Longbed for $900.

At this point, I am going to pull the 460 carbureted motor out of it and put it into my F-250 HD which does not have a OBD2 port to replace the 351W in it. Then pull the dually rearend/axle out of it also and put it in the F-250 and modify the bed.

I diverged, sorry, but when you mentioned hunting leases I could not resist mentioning the Coachmen I acquired which I thought was a really cool idea.

Crazy thing is that I can apply for a lost title on it very cheaply and quickly given it’s age according to the DMV and TN Dept of Safety here in TN if I so desired.

I will upload an image of it after I get one passed over to this phone from my old Android!

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Old 12-17-2018, 08:32 PM   #80
BlakeRL

Coachmen blind

Quote:
I have an old 1976 Ford E350 24ft Coachmen Leprechaun Motorhome which I bought for $350 that was being used on a hunting lease and the entire exterior is painted camo with leaf patterns local to the lease. Pretty nifty. It is shot though and unlivable. I bought it and was going to make it into a 1 ton flatbed fifth wheel tow vehicle before I lucked up on my older 1997 F-250 Heavy Duty 4x4 Longbed for $900.

At this point, I am going to pull the 460 carbureted motor out of it and put it into my F-250 HD which does not have a OBD2 port to replace the 351W in it. Then pull the dually rearend/axle out of it also and put it in the F-250 and modify the bed.

I diverged, sorry, but when you mentioned hunting leases I could not resist mentioning the Coachmen I acquired which I thought was a really cool idea.

Crazy thing is that I can apply for a lost title on it very cheaply and quickly given it’s age according to the DMV and TN Dept of Safety here in TN if I so desired.

I will upload an image of it after I get one passed over to this phone from my old Android!

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Here is a shot of the old 76 Coachmen that is Camo painted!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	9ACAB204-C2AC-40BC-9EF4-5D18FD61700A.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	19633