Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2018, 06:03 AM   #1
reddog7571

Winterizing

Click image for larger version

Name:	Water Controls.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	19001
How do you winterize your 5th Wheel with this Convenience Panel?
reddog7571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:33 AM   #2
Kansas Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog7571 View Post
Attachment 19001
How do you winterize your 5th Wheel with this Convenience Panel?
1. Turn the hot water bypass to winterize.
2. At the hot water heater remove the bottom plug to let the tank drain. To help it drain faster open up the pop off valve on the water heater to let air into the tank to drain faster.
3. Take a hose from where you usually put the garden hose. I made one from a old garden hose about 3ft. long.
4. Open up the low point drains and let what water is in the line to drain out. There wont be a lot come out but some will.
5. Turn the black valve next to the "City water connection" to Santize/Winterize.
6. Close the low point drain valves that you opened up in step 4.
7. Place the hose from the city water connection into a gallon of RV Antifreese and turn the on board water pump on. The water pump will begin to pull the Antifreeze up into the line in you RV.
8. Go inside the RV and at the farthest water line open the valve to let the antifreeze come out that fixture till you see Pink stuff. Keep an eye on the pink stuff in the bottle outside so it doesn't run out. Then continue this process until all the fixtures you see pink come out. On my camper it usually take around 3 1/2 gallons to do them all. Shower,Sink,Toilet,Washer,KitchenSink,Dishwasher,a nd icemaker.
9. With what is left after doing all of those pour what is left from the bottles into the sink traps so those do not freeze.
10. That's about all there is to it. Make sure you wipe up the sinks and things where the pink stuff is wet so it wont stain and call it done.
11. Don't forget the outside shower if you have one.
12. Also don't forget the toilet too. Run the toilet till pink stuff comes thru and leave a little in the bowl to keep the rubber flapper valve wet....
Kansas Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 03:02 AM   #3
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Gary View Post
2. At the hot water heater remove the bottom plug to let the tank drain. To help it drain faster open up the pop off valve on the water heater to let air into the tank to drain faster.
3. Take a hose from where you usually put the garden hose. I made one from a old garden hose about 3ft. long.
4. Open up the low point drains and let what water is in the line to drain out. There wont be a lot come out but some will.
5. Turn the black valve next to the "City water connection" to Santize/Winterize.
7. Place the hose from the city water connection into a gallon of RV Antifreese and turn the on board water pump on. The water pump will begin to pull the Antifreeze up into the line in you RV.
8. Go inside the RV and at the farthest water line open the valve to let the antifreeze come out that fixture till you see Pink stuff. Keep an eye on the pink stuff in the bottle outside so it doesn't run out. Then continue this process until all the fixtures you see pink come out. On my camper it usually take around 3 1/2 gallons to do them all. Shower,Sink,Toilet,Washer,KitchenSink,Dishwasher,a nd icemaker.
9. With what is left after doing all of those pour what is left from the bottles into the sink traps so those do not freeze.
10. That's about all there is to it. Make sure you wipe up the sinks and things where the pink stuff is wet so it wont stain and call it done.
Very good summation of the Winterzation process. I would add though don't forget to add the pink stuff to your toilet and run it through the toilet valve.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:09 AM   #4
swdahmer

Unfortunately I'm new to this forum and not sure how to use it so I apologize in advance. I'm curious to know if anyone has any suggestions on a cover for a 2019 Cougar 32BHS 1/2 Ton? 36.5' long, not quite 12' tall. I do live in Denver Colorado, so lots of sun, freeze thaw conditions and snow. Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Sean
swdahmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:52 PM   #5
reddog7571

Kansas Gary,
Thank you very much!!
reddog7571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 01:06 PM   #6
AbHDToyHauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Gary View Post
12. Also don't forget the toilet too. Run the toilet till pink stuff comes thru and leave a little in the bowl to keep the rubber flapper valve wet....
I would add to open low point valves again until pink runs out as well . Any water will then for sure be gone. I did this step on mine and low and behold a bit of water drained before the pink anti freeze. Also make sure your fresh water tank and grey and black tanks are also drained. I didn't put any pink anti freeze in mine, just made sure they were drained completely
2012 Harley Davidson TriGlide (Trike) (Hers)
AbHDToyHauler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter, winterizing