Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-11-2015, 10:49 AM   #1
toyn2much

2005 Keystone 210RR Toyhauler fresh water tank removal?

After a recent 3500 mile Xmas and New Years trip through California Nevada Arizona Utah Idaho....Ive came to the conclusion that my fresh water tank needs to have a tank warmer installed to keep it from freezing. Sustained temperatures below 17 froze the water inlet line to the water pump leaving us with out running water. Simple enough, we just filled 1 gallon jugs to drink, cook, and flush the toilet with... but I want to put in a tank heater and heat tape on the suction line out of the tank.
I would like to hear from anyone that has removed the 100 gal fresh water tank on a 21RR or simular. I looks to be installed in a manner that makes it impossible to remove without some serious cutting and rewelding of structural steel.
Thanks,

Mike Carsner
toyn2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 12:30 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Look at the front and rear of the tank, you might see a brace made of angle steel that is screwed into the frame from the inside. One side will probably be rigid and the other side will have the brace screwed in. That is the most common installation, and I would think yours is the same.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 08:27 PM   #3
toyn2much

I think I got it figured out.....I'll post some pictures later
toyn2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 11:06 PM   #4
64tbolt

I didn't have to figure mine out. Made a round trip from Az to Ind and when I got home the front mounting had failed and the tank was almost on the axle. Being a fabricator I replaced the fact steel structure with heavier gauge steel. Normally a Z plate of light gauge bent plate on either end with angle running lengthwise. Like posted above remove the bent plate that is screwed into the frame.

Not sure about the newer units but the 122 gal in my 04 is more like a flexible bladder. With the 1.5" drain in the middle. Can you imagine crawling under there and opening a 1.5" dump valve then trying to get out? LOL That was rearranged also. Despite all this I do like the trailer.

Good luck getting yours out.
64tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote